Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Admin vs. Non-Admin?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Sicachu, Feb 9, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 3, 2013
    @Brian so this is what you said, "You want them removed over some of the most trivial shit imaginable. The vast majority of your CSA threads deal with petty matters that are easily solvable and don't warrant demotion or removal."
    http://plaguefest.com/threads/new-admin.21216/#post-302666

The purpose of this thread is to understand the pF punishment system for admin vs. non-admin. So Brian I'm assuming you and I are talking about the same admin here, no need to mention that admin's name. First of all, I never said he should be permanent remove from the server just because he did greifed. But I did said he should be punished, and my punishment was meant to be like a 1 day ban like that.
    Also, yes most of my CSA threads are solvable that I understand.
    Now can you explain the difference. Before that player brought admin, he got banned by Aprz for greifing. But now he is an admin, and he greifed again. But this time, no ban is given.

So my question to you, Is the punishment the same for admin vs. non-admin when they break the rule?
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Feb 8, 2013
      Admins are priviledge and they're treated specially even when they break rules. Boo hoo. We knew this long time ago.
    • Mar 26, 2012
      This looks like it was intended to be a private message towards Brian, but you posted it publicly to call him out. Not cool.

In my opinion, we do treat admins differently from regular players. A regular player may get warned -> kicked -> banned while an admin will get talked to (maybe multiple times). The admin can have their admin status modified (decreased level, commands taken away), promotion denied, or their admin removed if severe enough. Admins are paying $15/month and aren't usually trying to throw their money away by getting their account banned or admin removed.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 29, 2014
        even when a admin blatantly abuses or breaks the rules nothing happens.
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Jun 4, 2006
          I was talking about your CSA threads in general, not any single event in particular.

All of them have been easily solvable, including the griefing one which seems to be where your issue is isolated. Has the griefing been an issue since?

No. Admins are part of the staff / team, if an admin is making mistakes - anything that would not warrant outright removal - then we need to help them get on the right path and give them the chance to do so. Banning an admin when they slip up just sets a bad 'us (management/lsa) vs them' relationship that isn't helpful or healthy for the community. It's not an effective disciplinary solution and really does more harm than good. Instead we rely on stern but helpful talks, putting holds on promotion requests with explanations as to why they're being denied and advice on what they can do to improve, demotions or limiting their commands, and as a last resort or in severe cases, removal.

The peanut gallery is never far from the show...
          • Like Like x 5
          • Winner Winner x 2
          • Feb 25, 2014
            I'm reading this in the morning while i can do so many other things. what has come of my life.:rosedead:
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Feb 27, 2012
              There is a lot of discussion that goes on behind the curtains. We're not going to publicly announce every little shit an admin does. What goes on between management/lsa's and the admin stays between management/lsa's and the admin. If they continue to break rules or abuse their admin, you're darn right they'll get it removed. But you seem to be stuck on one admin you Don't like. You even went so far as to harass him on the forums on several occasions (such as your signature and a thread made recently.) Should we have issued forum warnings (enough to suspend your account) to you? I'm pretty sure we've told you to basically ignore that admin if you dislike them and stop making little shit look like he went on a banning spree or something. If we treated you the same way you want others to be treated, you'd be removed just as easily as you expect them to be.
              • Agree Agree x 3
              • Sep 14, 2008
                Boy..I remember times when you had your fair share of warnings when you were admin, plus when a lot of us had your back when certain players went out of their way to harass you like crazy, but your memory seems to be terrible in those situations. Stop stirring the pot like you always do.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Zing! Zing! x 1
                • Jan 25, 2014
                  :handcuffs: How isn't this moved to the CSA thread or something yet. lol
                  Post Merged, Feb 10, 2016
                  Plus I think Sica has been on her period the last few months
                  • Agree Agree x 2
                  • Funny Funny x 2
                  • Jan 3, 2013
                    There is nothing to hide from. Also this let others to know what to expect back from making a CSA thread about an admin.

Little boy can have periods?:sweat:
                  • Feb 27, 2012

You can twist this whatever way you want, we deal with a legitimate issue if it comes up and follow up.
                    • Agree Agree x 3
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Winner Winner x 1
                    • Dec 17, 2007
                      I'm not trying to defend management/lsa bc they can do that themselves, but I have seen some admins in the past (no one on this thread), that have been banned bc of the actions they continually make. Some admins need a talking too and other may need harsher punishment. I believe in second changes, just not over and over again and again. However, on the other hand I think there are admins/lsa in the past that shouldn't have been. Best thing to do is just ignore them if you can or keep making CSA threads with proof, that way it's documented and eventually they'll get the idea.
                    • Apr 9, 2007

I'm not sure why you're so sour? You couldn't get someone banned over using the "The N Word" once? What's the actual issue here? Why are you throwing shit?
                      • Zing! Zing! x 2
                      Thread Status:
                      Not open for further replies.