Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Administrator Privilages?: Time Frame?

Discussion in Help Desk started by ×[ ıƝƑƎҠŦ ]× in ᴴᴰ, Aug 26, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 25, 2012
    If I were to pay for admin rights on your servers, how long would it be until my admin rights are activated and ready to be used? Sorry if this has been posted in the wrong area. >.<
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    Its instant unless you pay with an e-check or something that needs to clear. You will need to be trained before using your abilities, though.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Mar 12, 2008
      If you wish to be an admin, please review these first: http://plaguefest.com/rules/admin

We also do not take abuse lightly. Many have bought admin with the intent to try to harm people in the server, and the abuser gets removed from the servers and forum for life.
    • Nov 6, 2011
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Nov 29, 2010
        Here's the rundown on how our admin system works.

As soon as you purchase admin, you'll have your powers, but it's mandatory you create a purchase thread here:http://plaguefest.com/forums/admin-subscriptions.98/ in order to receive instructions on how to get training from an LSA (Lead Server Admin).

After training you should be set up with a Sourcebans account and you're free to use your powers. Please take time to read the EULA before purchasing admin. After about a month or two, feel free to pop in a promotion request, these are private and only people who can read them are LSA's and Developers (Roots). They'll sometimes critique you on your performance and give a thumbs up or down for a promotion.
      • Jul 16, 2012
        With purchase from paypal, your administrator abilities will be active after the server changes maps. Of course you need to add trainers and be trained before using any admin commands. You are allowed to use the skins and admin only chat without training.
      • May 28, 2012
        ixi, Ofcourse that can be correct, but if setup through sourcebans itself, which it is, then it is immediate (meaning, as soon as you are added manually to sb) as it re-loads admins for all servers
      • Jul 1, 2010
        That's not entirely accurate I do not believe. When training someone I need to change the map still to get the persons admin to show up. Last person I trained I needed to do that actually. I always set up the SB account before going in to the training server.

I'm not sure if it's needed every time. I know at one point the training server was cycling through default maps, so it would have taken care of itself, or if it just so happens that occasionally it doesn't reload it.
      • Sep 7, 2010
        css or cs:go? i notice you have two posts so im guessing you are from cs:go? unless its changed currently only lsa+ have admin on cs:go and its unable to be purchased for go
      • May 28, 2012
        You have to use Add New Admin feature. I guess the admin-reload doesn't work, but just type /admin choose either 2 or 3 and do a reload admin cache or something like that. Should make it work right then and there!
      • Jul 1, 2010
        We can't reload admins in game.. I'm sure roots can... and I know how to add an admin :razz:
      • Nov 11, 2011
        We have SM, shouldn't sm_reloadadmins work?
      • Jul 1, 2010
        Yes, if it's not restricted (and I just checked, it is). Usually when you have access to an sm command it also shows up in the admin panel.

Ultimately its not really that huge of a deal... the only time it should matter if they have their powers after buying is on the training server. It runs stock maps so a map change literally takes 2 seconds.

Also, training still seems to be rotating stock. So most likely it will just do it itself.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Feb 21, 2007
          correct and correct. just wait for map change.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • May 28, 2012
            Yeah, i do believe this thread can be closed =P No further information is needed from here xD
          • Jun 4, 2006
            uh.. last reply was on Monday, your reply adds nothing to the thread, why did you even reply? Just let it get buried naturally... this thread was already dead until you just resurrected it. We don't need to close/moderate every single thread especially if it isn't gathering more unnecessary replies or causing issues... although your reply is now turning this into one of those threads that we may need to lock, since apparently for some reason if we don't lock shit up people will stick their dicks in it for no reason, even after the 'corpse' is stiff, cold and clammy, having been dead for days.

tl;dr keep your dicks out of dead shit so they stay dead unless your dick brings something new, valid, and relevant in which case resurrection is likely fine. Otherwise throwing in something like a 'lock this', 3-4 days after the last relevant reply that closed the thread, is useless and counter-productive.

This thread didn't need our help staying dead, but thanks to you apparently now it does, so ironically here's the lock you wanted. :handcuffs:
            • Winner Winner x 2
            • Zing! Zing! x 2
            • Informative Informative x 1
            Thread Status:
            Not open for further replies.