Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Afamad 2.1 attempts the Pirates of the Caribbean Theme!

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Afamad 2.1, Mar 28, 2014

1. Nov 26, 2011
    Hello everyone, I know I haven't been on CSS or on the forums lately, been dealing with a lot of heavy real-life shit.

Anyways, I took a leave of absence from college and have had lots of free time, so for the past week+few days I've been attempting one of the hardest songs I've ever tried. It's the Pirates of the Caribbean Theme, this arrangement from Jarrod Radnich who arranged a pretty heavy-duty piano solo version.

I'm only halfway through the song, and even then I know I have A LOT to do to the first half too, but I just figured I'd give you guys a heads-up to what's goin' on and what I've been working on. If you want to see the version of the sheet music I'm trying to learn, look up Jarrod Radnich playing it on Youtube, it's pretty damn impressive. Anyways, enjoy it! I'm hoping to get it pretty much done and perfected in the next two-three months, and this is a little after a week of attempting. The song is extremely fast, jumpy, and has a lot of four-note chords and is played loud, so it's fucking hard trying to get the precision/accuracy down. Anyways, enjoy again!

Sorry once again for not being on Plaguefest by the way, just really been having it hard lately and been focusing on myself. I'll probably be back on soon with all the free time I have now.

Here ya go:
    via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiayaZeYKek
    • Like Like x 9
    • Artistic Artistic x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feb 3, 2012

No but seriously well done job. :thumbsup:
    • Nov 26, 2011
      Thanks Jed! I promise the final product will be a lot better :razz:.
    • Jun 11, 2012
      The softer tone made me mellow...am I on acid?
    • Nov 26, 2011
      The softer tone makes me mellow too....because it gives my fingers and wrist a damn break from trying to jump across the piano and attack the keys all the time....

But yeah, you're probably on acid too though Bender. I'd see a doctor about it, could be fatal.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Aug 7, 2012
      • Nov 26, 2011
      • Dec 11, 2013
        Nice video man @Afamad 2.1, it's cool !! But i like the most part was 0:47, is very nice and gently too .I am a trombonist i played this song before I liked it very much !!!!!by the way, thanks for sharing it!
      • May 29, 2012
        final version will be used in ze_pirates_port ???
      • Nov 26, 2011
        Sorry for not responding, was busy yesterday! Thank you a lot Matrix, and abso-fucking-lutely if I have any say in it Samurai (which I don't).
      • Nov 26, 2011
        Well, I'm getting close to getting it done, just pretty damn fucking stuck on one specific section and I refuse to move on in the song until I get it. All in all I'd say I have about 4 out of 5 pages done pretty amazingly at the moment.

Also downloaded some new sheet music to American Pie by Don McLean, so we'll see how that goes in the future.
        • Artistic Artistic x 1
        • Nov 3, 2013
          This is really impressive dude, looking forward to hearing the whole thing
          • Like Like x 1
          • Nov 26, 2011
            Give me about two more weeks and I'll probably have it done :grin:.

Anyways, fuck American Pie I don't have enough motivation to do all 8 minutes of it. Decided to move on to a song some people might recognize, called "The Battle of Lil' Slugger" from Super Meat Boy.
            • Informative Informative x 1