Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Afamad plays an original improvisation!

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Afamad 2.1, Aug 2, 2014

1. Nov 26, 2011
    Well, I know it's been awhile pF, but I've been dealing with some heavy gruff stuff in real-land, so I haven't really been on pF as much. Also, I know that I said the Pirates of the Carribean song would be done, but sadly it's not yet. I have it all learned, but I still have a lot of "getting better at it" to do.

Anyways, for the past 5 months I've been working on creating my own stuff on the side! This song is about 80% improvisation (just making up melodies as I'm going along) and about 20% stuff that I made that sounded nice, so I put in the song. I know it's not the best, but it's my very first piece I've ever made, so go easy on me! I'm more used to learning sheet music than making stuff up by ear. Besides, I've never taken any classes or courses on music theory, so I still have a lot to learn.

As always, I've given a shoutout to Plaguefest in the description. You guys are an amazing community, and I promise I'll get back to playing here soon!

P.S. The meaning of the title is a secret.

Anyways, enjoy and PLEASE give any advice you can, it's always welcome!

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcIfnUKbdF0&feature=youtu.be
    • Artistic x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Wizard! x 1
    • Programming King x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Nov 26, 2011
      Thanks Bender! You're so beautiful too....in a Bender-y kind of way :razz:.
      • Programming King Programming King x 1
      • Apr 9, 2012
        If you like improvisation you could take some harmonical classes or something and understand the structure behind music and the way chords relate to each other. It would aid you greatly in improvising :smile:
      • Nov 26, 2011
        I'm currently tight for money, but it would be pretty awesome to take classes for that. In high school I had the option of either taking Music Theory classes, or Piano classes. I went with the later, and I kind of regret not taking the music theory classes as I don't really have an understanding of "harmony." Like, if I tried to change keys to make a different song, it would take me another 5 months probably because my understanding is so poor of just theory in general lol.

Hopefully in the future I can take some classes when I have some spare dough.
      • Dec 10, 2013

I like it! Keep making more, you could be the music guy in the pF Steakhouse, home of the elephant steak :giggle:
      • Aug 12, 2012
        very nice, come back to the ZE server soon we need some entertainment beside @Tewfen
      • Nov 26, 2011
        Thanks Zoey and Black! And I'll come back some day soon (or maybe today), so don't worry :razz:, and thanks for that awesome flashback to that story XD.
      • May 17, 2014
      • Dec 6, 2011
        This is pretty awesome Afamad, holy crap.

@Benderius right now:
        [IMG]
        • Programming King Programming King x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          I'm impressed! This is the guy that kills everyone with the helicopters on mountain escape?? I had some lessons as a child and I like to practice songs over and over again, but I've never been creative enough to come up with my own. Sounds very nice. Well done!
        • Nov 26, 2011
        • Oct 18, 2012
          Also great job! :grin: