Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Alien / Giant Crab Skin

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by Sauce Helmet, Sep 29, 2007

What should we do about these skins?

Ditch the Alien skin 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Ditch the giant crab skin 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Ditch both the alien & giant crab skin 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Keep both skins 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Posts
    The alien & giant head crap skins. Should we keep them or ditch them? Keep one and ditch the other? Vote now.

Few points:
    + The alien skin simply doesn't fit - it is after all zombie mod, not alien mod.
    + The alien skin is high res, this might cause lag for players with shit-tastic machines.
    + The giant crab skin simply looks odd.. is a larger target, etc (not too many rebuttals for that skin)
  2. Feb 3, 2007
    I totally agree with you Sauce. Here are some improvement ideas i put together with other players on the free time:

Zombie Skins Improvement = Remove Spider / Alien Skins for sure Since its just unreal turn into a damn alien or a spider once you become a ZOMBIE. Could do just that or do a total clean up on the skins and add a selection of very evil / human like skins that totally fit the zombie atmosphere / vibe.

http://www.plaguefest.com/cstrike/maps/ = Time to do a clean up on that List. Keep the good maps on the server for sure, delete the bad maps that drop the servers fps down and have awful textures or just flat out are bad and everybody hate, and of course add more new amazing maps.

Take another look / tweak on the Anti-Spawn Camping Script. Seems not be working properly still. Some people get the protection, others dont.

Addition of Custom skins for Cts / ts = Something Zombie Era Feeling to it... Who knows.. me and Reaper were talking about something like that.

Maybe change a bit the style of the website... Blue aint no Zombie Mod Favorite color!

I can help you guys with anything, got many other admins interested in make it happen... lets just do the damn thing!
  3. Jun 29, 2007
    OK 2 things since i am wasted and umberlla gotted me i think keep them cuse they sacere the fuckkka out me rigfht now
  4. Sep 10, 2007
    i say we ditch the giant headcrab skin, sure it looks funny at first but dam ive never seen an easier target to kill. its just one big headshot hitbox. The aliens ok...i mean it may be out of context but its sure as hell funny watching it attack and yea we could go for a huge overhall of the maps list...like for example why the hell do we have towerofterror? 1 of the worst maps ive played
  5. Feb 11, 2007
    I agree with everything in there, especially the head crabs and the aliens, it seems to me that they actually change the way humans are barricading themselves because iv experienced head crabs being able to knife through walls because they are so huge and aliens being able to jump faster, I think it totally ruined the concept of fighting against a zombie and a bit unoriginal.

I think exoskeletons would be pretty tight for a new skin but not too futuristic like halo, keeping it in the means of today's technology like the game STALKER.

Re-spawn protection should def. be fixed, although most people seem to listen when they are told to leave spawn, but the humans still can't go very far.

Another problem not mentioned is humans being immune to zombie knifing, I experienced this at the towers.v3 map where a guy named LEGION OF THE CURSED was camping in the red crate and eventually around 15 zombies made it in but it was like he was in no clip mode. I banned him at first because I figured it was a hack, but the next day John said he saw it happen again twice and it happens once every couple of hours.
  6. Jan 5, 2007
    I was thinking, for the custom skins, maybe add some from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to the server.

Here's some that would be decent for the zombies.

[IMG] [IMG]

The first would work well for the "primary" zombies that start the infection each round, and the second for the "infected" that the primaries create.

As for the primary zombies. The first few zombies that spawn from the humans, they should be stronger than the average zombies. Maybe give them a little more speed, make them harder to kill, less effect from knock-back maybe. Possibly give them a slightly higher jumping ability. That would in turn cause those first few zombies to become "mother zombies" to the rest, and a nightmare for the humans. Just my input..

7. Sep 17, 2007
    your freaking right man and the giant crab too ez to kill it
  8. Jan 11, 2007
    You guys have it all wrong...

KEEP THE HEADCRAB. It looks frickin' scary as hell and really adds a creepy feel for the map. As for the giant headshot hitbox problem, that's also not a problem: just don't be a head-crab yourself. Let the newbs and inattentive players be the head crabs: there will always be 5 or 6 on the server at any one time. They look creepy, and they're easy kills: what more do we want???

As for the alien skin, I like it, but do agree that it doesn't fit in with the "zombie" atmosphere. If people vote to get rid of the alien, then that's alright by me.

But whatever we do... ***KEEP THE GIANT HEADCRAB*** I love that skin! (...even if I am smart enough to never be the headcrab myself...)
  9. Feb 8, 2007
    Keep the head crab lose the alien.
  10. Jun 29, 2007
    after a rethink yea i think remove the 2 skins and maybe add some different skins
    and maybe someone can point me to a hi def pack?
  11. Apr 9, 2007
    Grrr.... The Alien skin is so cool. I get my buddies to join once in a while and they say that they just love the alien skin.
  12. Posts
    Seeing as we cant come to a definate decision...

Both are staying. I'll add a couple new ones in the upcoming weeks.
  13. Apr 9, 2007
    Sounds good. Just remember the more skins u add the longer the download times...
  14. Posts
    Exactly why Im not adding most of the skins that are being suggested... Some are like 10mb a piece.
  15. Posts
    oh boy oh boy the poll is tied oh boy
  16. Posts

What if we could hook you up with some kickass skins that are relatively small in size?
  17. Feb 3, 2007
    thats the solution.. we need very evil human looking like skins that are also not 10mb... not hard to find.. the ones i showed you all awhile ago were just as big as the alien / spider we got atm.
  18. Apr 9, 2007
    alien is 1mb bzipped i think or less.
  19. Feb 3, 2007
    yea i had some skins just about the same size...

on zombiemod theres many models there that are not that big and are very flexible with the textures.
  20. Feb 21, 2007
    good suggestion reaper. I agree.