Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Alienware is the best everr

Discussion in Gaming started by skateking, Apr 9, 2010

1. Mar 15, 2008

ME:Hi, I was wondering about the pricing on the alien ware

AGENT:That's a good choice, i'll be glad to assist you with that.

AGENT:A desktop?

AGENT:Still there?

ME:Yes, I was wondering why they are so much compared to other ones I've looked at

AGENT:They're built for hard core gamers.

AGENT:Can use them for a long period of time.

AGENT:It has a water coolant.

ME:But they can run like $5k while this is http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...p;Sku=G180-4514 600ish Why is yours more superior compared to this? Other than no monitor
    ME:Yes but if I don't over clock it why would I need a water coolant

AGENT:That's standard for the system.

ME:Yes I know but that seems unuseful if it's not overclocked but why are they 5,000 when the other has specs about the same and a lot lower?

AGENT:Other models like the Studio systems?

ME:I'm saying why is it that these are so much more than http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...p;Sku=G180-4514 when its not even 1 grand? I never really got a straight answer why they are more elite compared to that model I found to compare

ME:Any alien ware model

AGENT:I do apologize but the Alienware systems are really more expensive since they can be configured into a very powerful system.

ME:I've maxed out the prices on a computer build here at $12k don't you think that is extreme? I can build one for $2-3k at the same specs of your best build which can be " be configured into a very powerful system"

AGENT:Yes i think that's very expensive.

ME:Ok, but how does it compare to the other one for the same specs and a 9k difference? I never got a straight forward answer why it is worth more?

ME:If it has the same specs then they will just be equally powerful, but with the Alienware you can still overclock the system.

ME:i'm just wondering if there is some sort of extreme difference I am missing

AGENT:The overclocking and the water coolant which our other systems does not have.

ME:I can buy a water coolant and system, and I can manually over clock for less it isn't that hard I just assumed since your computers are so high in price that I would get something different and really amazing.

AGENT:razz:lease try our Alienware too, we have a 24/7 tech support and up to 3 years of warranty.

ME:What?

ME:That doesn't even make sense to what I just asked
    AGENT:I thought you'll be trying another product that's not from Dell.

ME:I asked if alienware has something extra cause I can buy tech support and extra warranty for less than your prices

Agent:That's all it has Achmed.

ME:Oh so your over pricing just for coloring and cases? So It seems to me this is one big rip off, gg

gg indeed
  2. Apr 9, 2007
  3. Feb 21, 2007
  4. Sep 21, 2008

Also, customizing your own pc saves you a shitload of money as seen here. Many businesses simply build pc's; taking their profit and putting it into your pocket is indeed a wise choice. Good day.
  5. Mar 15, 2008
  6. Mar 18, 2009
  7. Mar 13, 2010
    Fuckken Saved my good man. I HATE Alienware especially cause they're owned by DELL who has the SHITTIEST support and uses the cheapest components in some of their systems. >.> Good deal man. Row Row Fight the Powah!
  8. Jan 13, 2010
    Yes Indian tech support people are retards, but you don't have to be so close minded. Yes alienware was bought out by dell because that's what major corporations do, they try to monopoly the market. That doesn't mean the construction of their high end systems (yes like the one I own) aren't held to the same standards as they always were. Now I'm sure for their cheaper default systems they replace parts to rip people off that really know nothing about computers which disgusts me, but that's just how companies make money is this backwards ass economic system we have. GG on the entertaining conversation though Thomas.
  9. Mar 12, 2008

that was a good read
  10. Jul 5, 2008
  11. Jan 10, 2009
  12. Mar 30, 2010