Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

All Smee's Combined

Discussion in CS:S Custom Maps started by Detonator, Sep 18, 2011

1. Sep 25, 2010
    I thought I could combine them all into one map and have them being randomly picked which one will be played each round. Thoughts?
  2. Jun 30, 2011
    It is a good idea, but i dont understand why we cant just use our version, and get rid of the others to save the work of it randomly picking one.
  3. Jan 5, 2007
    Will they form Captain Planet after they combine?
  4. May 20, 2011
    I approve this message.
  5. Aug 1, 2011
    The only way for this to work would be to make a new smee map which contains all the other versions of the maps and have it contain a loading/choice room like some of the other mg maps where it could either be randomly chosen by the server or player selected in a race to the center. It could be done but would require quite a bit of work due to coding and editing to make everything work properly.
  6. Sep 25, 2010
    I did say I could do it..
  7. Jan 21, 2011
    As long as the version is randomly chosen by the server instantly before the round starts, I'd like to at least test it.
  8. Sep 25, 2010
    I meant combining all smees into one map, and the version could be chosen by the map randomly or by player votes like in galaxy.
  9. Jan 21, 2011
    Thats what Im saying, but I think the player voting would waste too much time for a map like smee.
  10. Jun 17, 2011
    Ohh I like the idea. I'm all for it [IMG]
  11. Mar 25, 2011
    I giggled. It doesn't require any "coding". All you need is the separate vmf's, take them and smash them together (will require a few tweaks). Then you can make a simple room anywhere, and either make the map decision player choice (func_button, trigger_once, etc.), or random (logic_auto). Really, they only hard thing is that you have to do the 3d skybox from scratch and remake a few ladders if you decompiled the map.
  12. Apr 15, 2010
    Our one is too dark in some edges and places.
  13. Aug 18, 2006
    Sounds like a great idea.
  14. Jun 26, 2011
    i thought u meant by like all 3 towers in the same map lool thats be cool then.
  15. Jun 4, 2006
    Cause not everyone likes our version...

I actually mentioned this idea as a joke in another thread:

Way too much time, just make it instant / random.
  16. Oct 29, 2010
    I demand Brian's name in the credits of multi-smee.
  17. Jan 21, 2011
    This is no joke Brian. Smee is srs biz in pF.
  18. Mar 25, 2011
    I'm actually working on this, I have three maps downloaded at the moment.

If there's any other smee maps that should be included It would be great if you gave me links!
  19. Sep 25, 2010
    I already have started on this ! We could work together if you wanted to do anything special. Why are you stealing my project D:
    Edit :> I could give you the original vmf of smee_tower_pf_v1 instead of decompiling it.