Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Alteration to the rank system.

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Never Enough, Sep 10, 2012

1. Feb 14, 2012
    Is it possible to switch over Zombie Escape's rank system to be based on matches survived (human win) instead of kills? Kills are such an irrelevant thing on a server like ZE (the zombies respawn right after, you can kill 10 zombies and still fail the map). I think match wins would more reflect the true skill of the player and not just his skill with the auto sniper. Thoughts? If it's already doing this than that's cool.
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    Yeah we're not gonna nerf kills... currently it awards points for both 'match wins', and kills.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jul 20, 2010
      I just think people don't look at the break downs for what all gives you points.
    • Jan 11, 2012
    • Jul 20, 2010
      Ok since people don't bother to look at how points are given to people on the stats page. Let's take SubDelt@ as an example he has 1825 kills with the auto sniper which gives him a grand total of 1825 points. So one kill as a human gives you 1 point. Simple so far, as a zombie he has 2879 kills where each kill is worth .25 points, which gives him a total of 719 points. So for kills alone he has a total of 2544 points added to his stats. Now lets look at some other ways to get points there is a Escape the Horde which he has done 335 times which nets him 1340 points. Along with Infect all humans which he's done 1179 times for a total of 2358 points. So he's gotten more points in team play interactions than just kills alone combined. Yea he may get kills while defending but the main objective is to escape which he clearly has done. People just need to see the other ways to get points.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Feb 14, 2012
        I guess the point I'm getting at is a zombie can have up to 50 000 HP on a map. Let's take SubDelt as strictly an example. I am not harping on him. He stands at the back of the group and fires pot shots into the horde. Others are firing in there as well. He gets the kill simply because he was the last person to shoot (obviously) but for targets with that much health should we really be awarding a single point to one player for a team effort?
      • Jul 20, 2010
        So you want points for kill assists then?
      • Feb 14, 2012
      • Jun 4, 2006
        Expanding on this, currently if humans win a map, they gain 4 bonus points each. http://stats.plaguefest.com/actioninfo/77

We can increase the # of points awarded to each human who survives/beats a round if we all feel humans need to be gaining more for this action. Not sure what to.. 6? 8? Leave it alone? It would not mean the current points are reset, just that all rounds won from now on will now earn you X points instead of 4. Keep in mind bad's example, and as far as human kills go, it depends on the weapon used, but lets presume you use a wep whose point modifier is 1.0 (top 3 weapons used on ZE are 1.0 modifiers) - it would take 4 kills as a human to gain the same amount awarded. Now, if you're a ZE regular, take this into account and try to think what a fair # of points would be to award humans who successfully escape each round... maybe we'll change it, or maybe it's fine as is.

CS:GO has this and it's on our stats. Unfortunately CS:S does not.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Are assists identified? We could maybe add support for this.
      • Feb 14, 2012
        I for one think the ranking system should heavily encourage team play to complete the objective. That being said I have never seen the stat description page so you'll have to excuse my ignorance it appears the current stat system is doing that already. But if there was a way to give 2 points for a kill and 1 point for an assist to whoever shot the zombie that would be better. There would have to be a cut off though like say within the last 400 HP. Not every person to make a random shot on the zombie should get the assist.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Possibly points based on damage actually done to the zombie, instead of just the last person to shoot? (Just taking some shots in the dark here, but I think it'd, overall, be better)
      • Mar 12, 2008
        Off topic, but related. Possibly think of cool stuff they can work towards with points? More incentive to escape and win instead of jack off with an autosniper?

I can think of a few given a little time, but I don't know what all you guys want to/can add.

Just a thought.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        I can certainly add better notification of events if they're recognized, ie assists.
      • Mar 19, 2011
        Points based off damage isn't a good idea either it's actually a terrible idea. Auto-sniper whore heaven instead of actually having to aim for the head to get the kill you just spray into the mob of zombies easily getting a fuck load of damage off. With that said surviving and doing the objectives should have a lot more weight than kills and assists as well whether it be playing as a Human or Zombie.
      • Apr 12, 2012
        Personally, I think it should be doubled from the current amount. There are not many maps where more than 20% of the team ever wins, it should be rewarded more.
      • Jun 15, 2012
        maybe if u can u should give humans points based on how much knockback they cause to zombs if that is even possible