Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Alternative Media Upload Sites

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by sajak, Aug 1, 2013

1. Nov 11, 2011
    I mainly use Imgur for uploading pictures quickly (I have their Chrome extension and HyperDesktop). Ever since they started adding their own meme generator, their servers have taken a heavy toll. Response times can be enduring at times and completely halt during peak hours.

Do you guys have any other media upload sites you use such as imgur or imageshack?
  2. Feb 27, 2012
    I used to use ShareX which used Imgur but the program kept stuffing up. Gyazo takes too long with annoying adverts. I use "Puush" now, it's really easy to use and uploads quickly, also copying the picture to clipboard for easy use.

http://puush.me/
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jul 8, 2013
      This. Been using it for over a year now.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Mar 26, 2012
        I portforward 80 and use apache. On my original laptop, I used perl, bash, cron, and ImageMagick to manage my uploaded files. I bought a new laptop with Windows 7, and started playing CS:S again (it didn't work on my original laptop, my Intel graphics card wasn't good enough even with GEM on GNU/Linux).
      • Apr 9, 2007
        RIP all those pictures when your system goes offline, or when your IP changes.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Mar 26, 2012
        • Apr 9, 2007
          You're really paying ARIN the yearly fee to maintain it? :struggle:
        • Mar 26, 2012
          I don't know, lol. I live at home still, and my dad pays for the Internet. We've always had static IP. We've had the same IP for about 5 years now. Maybe they tricked him into paying more for it, or something? He got it at a company that I never heard of before, Speak Easy, and they got bought out by another company, I don't know their name, but nothing hasn't changed for us since they got bought.
        • Nov 11, 2011
          You simply need to have a static IP from your ISP and run your server (Tomcat in my case). If you are running a DOCSIS variant VOIP modem, your IP will never be dynamic for e-911 reasons so you never pay anyone to maintain it. It stays the same from your ISP. Of course you can alter your MAC address to receive a new IP but that's another story.