Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Alternative payment method

Discussion in Admin Subscriptions started by slisher, Jun 20, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 20, 2011
    Hiya pF fellas,

I have been looking for an answer for a while now, to see if there is an alternative for donating/purchasing admin other then PayPal. I cannot create me an account as my bank account isn't working with PayPal. Too complicated to explain, just to keep it short, is it possible for the roots to answer, and see if I can transfer directly to a/their bank account? It'd really help me out, wanting to donate/purchase admin for a long time now.

Best regards, Slish-man.
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    Why doesn't Paypal support your bank account? We're just trying to insulate ourselves from fraud (Paypal has screwed us in the past).
  3. ablanantanalba
    This message by ablanantanalba has been removed from public view.
    Jun 20, 2011
  4. Dec 29, 2006
    Use bitcoins.

Or, buy a prepaid credit card @ walmart & open a paypal acct with this.
  5. Jun 4, 2006
    I don't think paypal accepts most prepaid cards anymore. Also fuck bitcoins.
  6. May 11, 2011
    Visa card should work, but you have to pay a 5 dollar surcharge or something around there. If you live in a populated area, check craigslist. They sell them for a cheaper amount than the card. Any money saved is good.
  7. May 20, 2011
    Oh, right.. I forgot to tell I'm not from the USA lol (Netherlands), my bank isn't that big and won't work with PayPal, I have tried in the past and e-mailed my ass off to see if a bank transfer to a PP account is do-able but I keep getting their 'Sorry, your bank is not compatible to work with PayPal. Please contact your bank about this' e-mails, and believe me it really fucks me up.

@Aseros: I have just checked BitCoins out to see how it works, but I'm confused. I will download it and see if I can set me up an account, cheers bro.
  8. Feb 12, 2011
    Hmm... maybe it's possible with a wally card.
    It's easy to give them the code and let them put it on the paypal account.

(just my stupid idea)
  9. May 20, 2011
    Bitcoins seems a long way to go just to donate a small fee. I have actually got a good response at last from PayPal, I'm able to manually send money to my PayPal account, without adding my bank account to it. It says it could take up to 3-4 days, so I'll be letting you guys know when the donation is ready to roll in. Thanks for the help though, really appreciate it. Rock'n'roll pF membas.
  10. Jun 4, 2006
    Ah nice, glad to hear it. :thumbsup:
  11. May 20, 2011
    I'm trying to purchase admin at the moment, but every time I log in I get an error message saying that I need to add a CC to continue the payment, while I already have money on my PP account. Any help?

Although when I try to donate through the Donate block on the homepage (with no goal selected) it works fine to continue to the payment.
  12. Jun 19, 2011
    Try 2Checkout? They accept all major credit cards and lower fees than PayPal. I think it's a good idea to add it as a second payment option.
  13. May 20, 2011
    Nah, I already sent money to my PP account just for this so I'd like to finish it with PayPal. Is it possible for me to donate through the "Donate" page with no goal selected, but still pay for admin like this? I cannot seem to have it working through the Purchase Admin page, I can't skip the step to add a CC.
  14. May 20, 2011
    I just contacted PayPal and they say subscriptions are only acceptable through credit-cards, as I don't have one I'd suggest I will donate through the Donate page, if it's allowed, and pay for admin like that?
  15. May 20, 2011
    C'mon guys I'm desperate :frown:
  16. Jul 14, 2010
    I'm pretty sure if you donate 15 dollars through the donate if that is the only way they would be able to give you admin manually for 1 month.
  17. May 15, 2011
    PayPal accepts debit cards too you know.

It just takes longer for the money to get from the bank account to the PayPal account.

That's probably the simplest way I think?
  18. Feb 12, 2011
    If you do the 1 time donation it'll be fine too, if you want to manually pay per month, that is.
  19. May 20, 2011
    Cheers for the responses guys, I have donated through the Donation page. Should I open a new thread now saying that I donated or something?
  20. Jul 14, 2010
    You should probably make an admin purchase thread and say u donated 15 dollars, and that you couldn't buy admin directly. You'll have to manually be added and then wait for admin training.

Post your steam id and name in it.
  21. May 20, 2011
    Alright, thank you bro!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.