Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Am I the only one?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive started by nyronic, Aug 20, 2012

1. May 17, 2011
    I just don't see the point in CS:GO when it comes to custom maps. Personally, to me its just the same shit again with different player models and slightly different weapon mechanics. I don't think CS:GO is bad as its own game, but it doesn't really offer much coming from a mapping perspective. When CS:S came out, there was actually reason to switch from 1.6 because of all the new features that the Source engine offered.

Honestly, someone could just port the CS:GO player models to CS:S and it would basically be the same thing. Yes the weapons aren't the same, but unless you're playing custom de_ / cs_ maps this isn't really an issue(ie maps with a variety of weapons). To me, all that I see happening is the community being split(until the majority has bought CS:GO) while we all play the same crap that we've been playing for years on CS:S.

The only motivation I have to buy CS:GO is to keep playing with friends.

tl;dr - hurr durr I don't want to pay 15$ for different player models and a split community.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jan 30, 2011
      Another thing, the hitboxes have changed for CS:GO so instead of just spraying and praying near their head, you need to actually hit it; takes more luck/skill then CSS ever did. Although I seem to enjoy it moreso then CSS, could be because of the new guns and updated gun models and different shooting patterns, or the new things that it brings with it, including the TF2 item which you get if you pre-order.

Also, right now it is what, 13.50? Not 15.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jul 16, 2012
        I bought CS;GO yesterday and DL'd the beta, and honestly I hated it. Could be because I was lagging like crazy or the fact the new HUD has be completely confused but I just don't like it and don't see me playing it as much as CSS until the majority of my friends switch, then I might have to lol
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 17, 2011
          I definitely enjoy the regular counter-strike of GO more than CSS. The built-in 5v5 is cool, and the addition of a built in gungame is welcome.
        • May 14, 2011
          I bought it so I had it. Simply. Its one of those things.

But I have a question. The lighting in cs:go is much better than in css. So if I constuct the map in Source SDK, then compile it in cs:go SDK. And then open it in CSS, will the lighting be better?
        • May 17, 2011
          Yes Ghost, as long as certain entities are set up properly it should.

I actually posted a thread about it here.
        • May 14, 2011
          Thanks, will do this in all future final compiles. :smile: