Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

AMD videocard update screws up Skyrim.

Discussion in Gaming started by Seraphine, Mar 18, 2012

1. Jul 23, 2010
    I downloaded the latest AMD video-card update (8.950.0.0) and started Skyrim. I noticed when I went to my map and in real time, weird pixels were messed up.

I rolled back the driver and it fixed the problem.

Just in case anyone experiences the same thing. I posted Screen shots below. 2012-03-18_00002 2012-03-18_00001
  2. Dec 7, 2010
    I originally thought that Nvidia's drivers were worse than AMD/ATI's. Apparently I was wrong after reading reviews over the past year.
  3. Jul 1, 2010
    Mine plays Skyrim fine. I've never had issues with AMD drivers.

Edit: Figured I'd include that it's a 6870
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jul 23, 2010

I've installed and reinstalled the driver update three times with the same results.

I read online that many people were having the same problem, and if you turn Anti-Alias off in the Skyrim menu, it fixes it.
    • Seraphine
      This message by Seraphine has been removed from public view. Deleted by Seraphine, Mar 18, 2012.
      Mar 18, 2012
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Could be Skyrim files then. Try re-installing the game. If that doesn't work, try starting a new game. I've had a game save before that's screwed up one of my games. (GTA IV)
    • Feb 18, 2011
      Doesn't look like a monitor problem, but I won't way it isn't unless this just occurs with Skyrim. If so then follow Quiet and reinstall Skyrim. If there is still no luck revert back to the initial GFX card update.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      If you don't find a fix, I'd just stick with the previous drivers. Shouldn't be too much of a pain (unless the previous update caused problems in other games)
    • Jan 8, 2012
      A girl that knows how to update and rollback drivers, is hawt. :inlove:

But yea, I downloaded the new AMD driver and some shit was wrong wth my monitor, but I restarted and it fixed the problem. Weird, BF3 is a little smoother for me it seems, even though the update didn't have any fixes for BF3 in particular.
    • Jul 23, 2010
      Oblivion seemed fine. I'll try reinstalling the game tomorrow.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Aug 1, 2011
        And this everyone, is why I hate my Radeon graphics card. I just think that the problems are just ridiculous.
      • Jul 23, 2010
        This is the first problem I've ever run in to.
      • Jul 23, 2010
      • Mar 12, 2008

Don't knock AMD just cause it's hiccuping on you. Everyone has their favorite cards and whatnot, it's probably just a glitch with the update or something. I've always liked what AMD is capable of.
        • Agree Agree x 2