Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Ammo Packs?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Ritual, Aug 31, 2011

1. Aug 31, 2011
    Well, I'm new to CSS zombie servers. I am an ex-1.6 zombie player and their servers that they have on 1.6 are very addicting. Why? They have a system called "Ammo Packs" or points. You use these ammo packs to buy unlimited ammo (which is a main thing on Source I see), a golden AK, a golden deagle (which both do huge amounts of damage), some servers have mines, which can be used as a barricade, and many other things. And to obtain "ammo packs" you had to do damage to zombies. The more you shoot/kill zombies, the more ammo packs you get. I don't know if they are even possible to get onto Source, since I've so far seen no server with ammo packs or any type or point system, so tell me if it even is possible to put as an add-on. But on 1.6 it was a popular thing and ammo was limited, but vents/tubes didn't count as an illegal spot.. as I recall, nothing was an illegal spot because zombies can also buy stuff with ammo packs, such as zombie nades. Throw a nade with a big group, and it'll turn all of the humans into zombies. A very nice nade, but it costed a fortune to get. There was so many things you can do with ammo packs, and idk if this will count as advertising as I'm not really name-calling servers, but I'm just trying to say how good ammo packs were. Then again as I said before, they might not even be possible to put on as an add-on for CS:S. If it could, it would make CS:S zombies so much better than it already is. Please give me some feedback, whether if it could be possible, or anything really. I might have grammatically failed at a sentence or just spelled something wrong, but I'm only human. I know this is a small post, but if I were to think more, which I'm too lazy to think right now, it would be a bigger post. but for now, it'll have to do with this. Sorry.

-Ritual, member of pF.
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    Pretty sure you'll never see any of that in the current ZR project, best chance might be someone coding it as a ZR addon. Now presuming someone actually did add some of this stuff via an addon or whatever means and presuming it's all possible in the OB engine, it would be a huge game-play changer and could drastically fuck up the balance of the game for our current servers (and would thus mean altering other settings to fix the unbalance). This would worry me personally but there's no point even speculating it since this doesn't even exist, but if it did we'd have no qualms trying some new settings out 1 at a time or what have you. It would have to be fused with limited ammo servers, unless you altered ammo packs from granting you unlimited ammo, but rather more damage in weapons (these options should be cvars in a config so that wouldn't be an issue). It would be interesting to see and play with but it won't get too much attention posting the ideas here. You could/should see what they say over at http://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=132 as they might be able to provide more useful feedback other than players saying "oh that might be fun" and nothing coming from it.
  3. Aug 31, 2011
    I'll do so. Thanks.
  4. Feb 12, 2011
    Pretty sure he ment this mod. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=72505
    To awnser your question, I'm pretty sure it is not on CSS.