Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

An Idea for an intresting upgrade...

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Nayr, Jul 6, 2013

1. Apr 24, 2012
    I have notice on other servers I have played on that you are able to see a list of who is spectating you, just an idea for consideration it would be a cool upgrade for our server... what do you think?
  2. Apr 4, 2009
    I think this was brought up recently, I know I wouldn't want someone knowing if an admin is watching them.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Sep 14, 2008
      Agreed. If we need to watch certain people. I definitely do not want them knowing I'm watching them.
    • Apr 24, 2012
      Post Merged, Jul 6, 2013
      What if admins were not included in the spec list?
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Even then, i don't think it's that good of an idea. There are the helpful other players and such that will record and report other players for breaking rules. Plus if a player is trying to catch an admin doing something they shouldn't be (ex. launching zombies across the map towards other humans) then the admin will see that a player is watching him, and wait for him to have nobody spectate him. There's no real practical use for it on our servers.
    • Apr 24, 2012
      Well then that might help keep them from doing things like that.
    • Dec 30, 2006
      I wished that would always happen. But the sad thing is, these are kids. I mean look at the kids we're dealing with here. Ban invasions, creating multiple accounts, yada yada. Nearly impossible to get through to these knuckle heads.

While you brought up a good idea, I don't think it can be applied to our servers with cons outweighing the pros.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 24, 2012
        Im starting to think your right... you make an excellent point Secprotocol. Thanks for the input.
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Excellent idea. Is anything along the lines of SourceTV recording feasible without lagging so we have a demo for all events that occur on our server. It'll allow us to always have demo evidence for abuse reports.
      • Dec 30, 2006
        Yes of course. Here's the trick, you see we have this branch of the government called the NSA. National Security Agency. They're building this massive data collection center in Utah. Now, figuratively speaking, if you manage to get a couple of their servers, we would be able to run SourceTV like no other. I mean shit, it would be broadcasted in 4k resolution. Not 720p, 1080i or 1080p, but 4k sexiness.

On top of that, maybe take their data connection and route it through to our servers so we can have unlimited data for the rest of eternity.

Shorthand, uses too much resources.
      • Apr 24, 2012
        Secprotocol, well since were probably not getting NSA servers, and you say this takes too many resources... is this a mute point now?
      • Jan 21, 2011

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Ah yes, the $1.5bn NSA Data center. Why didn't we think of this before!! All the compute power, fuck 4k, we will run it in 8k resolution!

[IMG]
      • Dec 30, 2006
        Nice I have my own meme. My life is complete.
      • Mar 12, 2008
        Ehh maybe if we had a surf server or something that doesn't have a competitive edge (for hackers/scripters/etc) we could do this.
      • Jun 23, 2010
        I sounds like a great idea but I'm sure others have mention the pros and cons of it. But for our type of servers, I don't think it would be a good idea to let other people know a admin or whoever is watching them.
      • Apr 24, 2012
        I guess if you're trying to do something illegal or against the rules, then probably not. I think it would be a good deterrent.
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Well, there is a reason sm_who and sm_users was removed for non-admins. People would see if admins were online and then watch out for them in game before breaking rules. Or they would stop breaking rules if that person went into spectate. This could serve as deterrent but it can go both ways.
      • Apr 24, 2012
      • Mar 14, 2013
        Dont worry nayr , cuz the Cia is Here at your service ( Im the penguin)[IMG]