Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

An interesting glitch on industrial dejavu.

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Hydreigon, Sep 17, 2014

1. Apr 28, 2013
    I know the map is about 2 years old as it is rarely played (fact we beat it twice but that was almost a year ago) but I only speak of this map because of a glitch. Some of you players seen the glitch and some not but here's how it works.

During the helicopter ending when the cts "successfully" defend off the zm, a zm will jump at the right time and trigger the "fail" trigger which makes it so that it will detect if a zombie is onboard even if there are literally no zm on the helicopter. This will result for the round the cts to win but the stage won't advance which can be frustrating because the cts worked hard to win just for the round to be ruined by a glitcher. After so, some ppl will get angry and rtv the map or ask for an admin to change the stage or etc. This glitch can only happen on the helicopter ending (I've seen it happen on bunker but that's if they let a zm get too close) but for that ending, zm can't jump on the helicopter once it leaves.

I hope @enviolinador has to say about this. Intended or not, it's an annoying issue when cts win but the stage won't advance. I could probably tell the fail trigger in the helicopter is a bit too large so decreasing it would do the trick. If that doesn't work, I don't know how zm can reach the trigger even when the heli fully leaves.
    • Informative Informative x 2
      Hydreigon, Sep 17, 2014 Last edited by Hydreigon, Sep 17, 2014
    • Dec 10, 2013

:handcuffs:
    • Mar 30, 2013
      Thanks for the report. Now everyone can do it :smile:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 31, 2012
        Maybe this can be moved to Server Admins and have someone update the map to resolve it? It doesn't sound like a difficult fix.
      • May 31, 2012
        Pretty sure the distance is enough not to be doable without server-sided horizontal jump boost (I am not good at longjump myself but I tried quite a lot when I was doing the map). Even if it was possible (only by one side), the distance is also long enough to be stopped for sure by napalm nades. Either way, to 'fix' it the only thing needed would be an entspy edit moving the trigger (WinTriggerDetection) about 8 units on -X. The trigger is shared for all endings with 3 different brushes (pretty bad idea) so moving too far away it might make other endings glitch and not detect zombies. 8-16 units should be good, though.

EDIT: Actually, perhaps the best idea would be to also move the trigger both horizontally (in -X) and vertically (in +Z). Since it's shared, the bunker ending might cause issues so I wouldn't move it more than 8 or 12 units (I think the brush making the floor/ceiling is a 16 unit brush).
        • Agree Agree x 1
          enviolinador, Sep 18, 2014 Last edited by enviolinador, Sep 18, 2014
        • Apr 28, 2013
          Oh, ya. Now that you do mention it, it happens quite a lot on GFL because zombies have a slight jump boost. Same with pF but only some skins have a jump boost.

EDIT: Because the trigger is shared meaning it will affect every ending, I will probably test if moving the trigger in the Z direction will affect the bunker or not. The only way to determine is if a zm is right above the bunker and that ending occurs. Another idea is to decrease the size of the trigger but idk if it would be possible to do with entspy or not. (NOT POSSIBLE WITH ENTSPY). Another glitch on dejavu would be the "lag" chooper where it will lag if there are a lot of ppl at once but that's a common issue.
          Hydreigon, Sep 18, 2014 Last edited by Hydreigon, Sep 19, 2014
        • Feb 27, 2012
          None of the ZM skins to my knowledge have any boost (except for speed maybe?) Only the human skins do.
        • Apr 28, 2013
          The fast zombie presumably has a greater speed boost. Also, I thought the witcher skin had a jump boost as well but I might be wrong.

And a word @enviolinador, the trigger to detect zombies is named "ZombieDetector" as moving both triggers might not be a bad idea. I'm going to try some things out with entspy. The "wintriggerdetection" is to detect if a ct was onboard the escape route. If neither humans or zm are onboard, the map won't do anything. I will further test out some things with entspy on this map (moving both the wintrigger and zombiedetector)

EDIT: I'm pretty PRETTY PREEEEETTTY sure I got this. I moved BOTH triggers 12 units in the -X direction and 10 units in the +Z direction. Tested the bunker ending with a zm above the bunker to see if it would detect a zm from above and attempted to lj on the heli ending to glitch the trigger many times (though i suck at lj at the moment and I have no boosted speed or jump). Didn't bother doing the boat ending because I never seen that ending glitch but I hope this fix will do for servers with boosted stats for zm.
          Hydreigon, Sep 18, 2014 Last edited by Hydreigon, Sep 19, 2014