Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

[Anand Tech]HTC Announces Web-Based Bootloader Unlock Tool

Discussion in Android started by Skiptron, Aug 4, 2011

1. Jun 23, 2010

Ohh this is good news to HTC users :grin: and Androids users!
  2. Jun 23, 2010
    This. Lol

Can't wait till it comes out! Hopefully it works on my G1 too :razz: Just waiting for either Samsung Galaxy S II, iPhone 5 (4G/S whatever lol) or the Blackberry Bold 9900 :grin:
  3. Feb 20, 2011
    Heck, even jailbreaking the iPhone is easier and smoother than Android [IMG]

Jailbreak Me
  4. Aug 18, 2006
    Unrevoked - one click for those devices listed. There are also many, many other ways to root Android devices. Unrevoked is just an example and covers a lot of HTC's more popular devices.

Some Android phones even come pre-rooted. You don't need a cracked/unlocked bootloader unless you want to install custom ROMs or recoveries (you can't do that on an iPhone because Apple locks the shit up so bad LOLOLOL)
  5. Feb 20, 2011
    I could have also listed iPwn, WinPwn, RedSn0w, BlackSn0w. Green P0ison, As for installing custom roms, people have even managed to install Android on iPhones.
  6. Aug 18, 2006
    I could have also listed AndRoot, SuperOneClick, Visionary, z4root, Easy Root, and manually rooting via ADB. As for installing the custom Android ROM, does it actually work properly?
  7. Nov 29, 2010
    Samsung nexus s is factory rooted. Shuts off my 3g automatically when I reach my plan limit
  8. Jun 4, 2006
    Don't forget the custom 1-click roots / GUIs that guys make if their phone doesn't already have an easy root method.
  9. Jul 25, 2011
    Thats pretty cool, didn't know you could do that. I bet the iphone has something similar to that