Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse Anathema admin abuse.

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Rudy /w Hat, May 17, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 17, 2012
    Hey guy's, first post!

1. Sadly enough I'm going to dedicate this first post to making an complaint to a admin. The admin "Anathema" has really been giving me a hassle today, and it resulted in my being banned. (Assuming it's 60 minute ban). Now I normally don't get into misfits with admins, as I respect their order. However this specific admin (excluding Richard) for some reason just really likes to get the best out of the players. Honestly...

2. I've been playing on this server for 4 hours straight now. Doing what I do, and having fun. I am also accompanied by other players who enjoy my pressence. So after hours of using my mic, whether it being laughing, sinings, joking, no one - excluding the typical '30 year old badass' guy that hates kids - has complained. But then it hits me when I get muted, that their is some communistic admin in the server. We were all having a fun time laughing and joking until all, and when I Mean all I mean around 5-6 players - got muted. Out of that 5-6, 3-4 of us got BANNED? Seriously!?

3. This is a minigames server. You are supposed to have fun. And from what I recall, I did not see ANY complaints about me, nor them. We were having a good time, and this admin that thinks he is some 20 year old badass who fucks bitches everynight and thinks he is some matured asshole has to come in and ruin it? It's counterstrike, if you take hard feelings to my humor, or don't enjoy my company, then why don't you mute me personally? You don't have to mute me globally. That's just me buying admin, saying I don't like a map... then changing it. Just because you have a negative opinion on me, doesn't mean you overrule the server.

4. To give you more of a detailed scenario. We were all in the middle of a huge knife fight. Team vs Team. Simultaneously someone began singing "Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody" and so 3 others joined in, including me. We were on spot with the timing of voice, and it was an hilarious moment. Did he ask us to stop in that current moment, that consisted of our ONLY legitimate mic spam? The answer is no. However, He continued on being the communistic admin he was, he then started to harass us by saying we were 'Pubescent children that have no balls' and etc. Keep in mind tho, was anyone complaining? No.

I don't understand how one can simply own an minigames server, and allow such strict, and communistic admins. I felt like I was in a prison.

PS: I have no screenshots or anything, but it is really not needed. I can bring like 4 people into this thread to vouch if necessary...

I am not stereotyping all admins of this community, for a majority that I've came across have been respectful, and I respect them - even if they are strict, like richard - because they still allow great moments, but we respect that line. As far as Anathema goes, he obviously drew the line way to close to us.

I'm sorry for the long post, 1, 2, and 4 are the important ones, I suggest reading it all to indulge 100% of it. Thank you for reading! Oh and not to mention, I tried to reason with him many times. He ended up banning me when I eventually got unmuted after a map change. I did not raise my voice in any manner at all.
  2. Dec 2, 2011
    I have had the "Fun" Chance to play with you and YOU DO SPAM THE mic then you argue with admins.
    I can say that from my past experiences with this player Anathema is in the right.
  3. Jul 1, 2010
    I'm still going over everything, but singing and mic spamming is against the rules on all of our servers. I know the admin in question will be responding soon so I will wait for further input. Logs can and will be pulled if necessary.
  4. Feb 12, 2012
    I also have had experiences with you in mg when you spam and then argue with us, i say that Anathema is also right.
  5. May 17, 2012
    I know I have mic spammed, I did get muted for it, and I did learn from that. I respect you tho, you understand the fun meter and not to break it. I learned my lesson from anthema but the fact that he muted me, then silenced me, then gagged me, then banned me. He just wasted my time. However another factor is I didn't mic spam, I was singing. like 50% of the server was singing in the very moment, I don't understand why I would be banned. Let me also bring up that it's a minigames server, still no one was complaining, and it wasn't even serious mic spam.

It was one brief moment over the rest, Sure he was in the right spot, but nothing to ban me. Even another temporarily mute or something, I was having fun... ask anyone else in the server, and they will say they were having fun too. I just find it funny how serious he got.
  6. Jun 23, 2011
    I was in here during this moment and all 4-5 of those people were constantly on the mic spamming trolling each other

This was going on for awhile and after awhile it got way to out of control so we started to mute everyone (mostly @Anathema)

After this little incident half the server started to attack us admins for making it a not so fun server for everybody for the next 10 or so mins and that's when he started to ban people for an hour

So in other words no abuse here
  7. May 27, 2008
    Then you don't have a very solid case, in which, you should take the three hours it is to review our server rules. You admitted to spamming the mic and getting more people in on it. That's not okay. You can have as much fun as you like in our servers, so long as you're not breaking any rules.[/quote]
  8. Feb 18, 2011
    Sup bro, thanks for being my first admin abuse report. Here is my retort:
    Every attempt I made to administer punisments and warnings, I had you and my friends on my ass calling me the fun patrol, a party pooper, and more. I banned the first guy for avoiding mute, which you did first, to where I kicked you warning you not to do it again. The second guy was obviously trolling, being that he was changing his name to stupid things despite the fact that he was gagged and muted. You were the last person to get banned. Oh and I LOVE the part where I apparently said you guys were "Prepubecent children that have no balls.". Even though I do remember saying you were acting childish, I don't remember that. Also you are a clown thinking that nobody was complaining, being that your intent was to troll. Post proof regarding this, I have it and will.
    Pics of chat will come once I sort out the 20 pics I have of console, even though most of your crap was over the mic.
  9. May 17, 2012
    Look, you have to understand. I try to keep the fun going and if someone tells me to stop, I stop.

What I'm trying to say, is sure he was in the position to mute me, yeah that's fine. But to be me is a little obnoxious! I probably don't have the best impression but I respect peoples authority.

I won't lie, I do test people. That's just to get the feeling of the server tho, it's like dipping your foot into a pool. You want to see how much you can push it before you need to stop. That's all I was doing. I just find it funny how ALL of us were enjoying our time and he just has to be so serious like that. It was one single brief moment out of the entire map. Jeez!
  10. Nov 16, 2011
    I was in this server when you were banned. You were singing on the mic with a few others. That is agaisnt the rules. You then argued with him using about 8 lines of chat within 30 seconds, technically spamming chat. Plus earlier(about 5 minutes) you were ghosting and you said "Yeah im ghosting hurhur" or something like that. You know the rules and you purposefully broke them. Anathema was in the right place here and what you did was wrong. Sorry but I have to support anathema here.
  11. May 17, 2012
    First of all, Learn you facts buddy. None of them were my friends, it's called communicating over the internet, so don't make me look like I am the leader of some posse. Ok?

Second, I'm not a troll, you should have more respect for people instead of judging them so quickly, maybe that's why you wouldn't be so disliked and disrespected.

Third, Maybe it wasn't you who called me a pubescent child, but regardless you should act accordingly while wearing an admin tag.
  12. May 17, 2012
    That's not spamming mic, that's just using the mic function. I was carrying on multiple conversations that ended up with many mic buttons being held down at the same time. As far as the singing is, sure I sung, but it was for 100% humor. As far as the chat goes, that is how I type. I'm sorry I'm not a properfag and patiently type out a paragraph while playing a game - Not to mention it's hard to do when you are at the edge of being banned.

As far as ghosting was, I ghosted but It was a 1v1 and they called out a knife fight, I was simply making the round quicker as I would rather not wait 10 minutes for them to find eachother in some very unorthodox fashion. Sorry for enjoying my gameplay, didn't know this was a seriousgames server.

Doublepost :shutmouth:
  13. Jun 23, 2011
    You may think that singing is humor and there is nothing wrong with that

Its just that most of the time some people on the server find that annoying and we have to try to make everyone happy so we either stop you/mute

The spamming mic portion was when half the server was badgering us for ruining your guys "fun"
  14. Feb 18, 2011
    Just going to go ahead and start with this. And note that you shouldn't do that when you are muted and gagged.
    Reading console line by line is tiring even when they are screencapped :frown: Give that about 5 more min.
  15. May 17, 2012
    Sorry for triple post... but

I wasn't attacking no one, nor was I trolling.

I was muted like 2 maps back, and then other people started being muted. I did not partake in any kind of admin disrespect at all, I stopped spamming after he muted me the second time. I find it totally irrelevant to link my ban to the others. The only reason I did that in the post above is because I was already assumed a mic spammer, like them.

This is a timeline of what happened with me

Mic Spam > Muted > Unmuted > Sung for a brief moment > Muted > Silenced > Gagged > Banned

Was there any moment in-between that would have led me to being banned?
  16. May 17, 2012
    I was simply stating the turth, from bottom up...

1. I was muted for like 10 minutes, everything settled down. I wasn't even asking for a voice unmute, just chat.

2. I said this as an annotation to kinda 'note' that the server got really quite and people started leaving

3. I said this after you gagged me when the map changed, due to the fact I simply wanted to talk it out.

I find nothing wrong with this picture, if anything. It just shows how patient I was. Did you see any kind of disrespect in that? No.
  17. Feb 21, 2007
    From what it sounds like based off scanning the thread: Rudy, you were in the wrong for mic spamming (others may have been too, but ignore that for now). You probably were not chat spamming, but rather arguing with the admins regarding ur mute. Usually this will result in admins further silencing you to prevent continued arguing/trolling (more often trolling). If the admins gagged you soley for "chat spamming" when u were trying to make a point/arguing about ur mute, then they were in the wrong...

What would have been more appropriate:
    After getting muted and attempting to sort things out in chat, and getting gagged.....to come to forums, and create a complaint thread, and drop it in the server with the admin, as to prevent further action.
  18. Apr 4, 2009
    I somewhat remember you mic spamming when I was in game today, could be wrong due to hardcore lag.
  19. May 17, 2012
    See, I respect your approach and understanding, just please note I was not partaking in any trolling. If I was trolling, I would not make this thread in an hopeless effort to be unbanned.

As far as making the thread prior to being banned, I did not have it in mind, as I was simply "testing the waters" and it happened so fast, yet slow. What I mean by that, is just I was muted, then 10 minutes later after I said nothing I was banned. I did not argue with him in any way, shape, or form. I simply wanted to work things out in a mature manner. Now were the people in the server helping that statement? No, but it's the truth. I try to make it fun for people, and try to conversate with people but it is destine to get out of hand at some point. Now as far as the other players trolling, Yes.

PS: God, I feel like some criminal, all I see is "I recall you micspaming," "Mic spam!" "I heard you mic spam" ... Where's the love? :frown:
  20. Jun 23, 2011
    Lets break your timeline down then

Mic Spam: Talking ALOT over the mic and never letting it go / also you were attacking us saying how we ruined your fun for us muting/kicking another guy in the server
    Muted: For reason above
    Unmuted: Gave you a second chance
    Muted: singing over the mic
    Silenced/gagged: You avoided mute
    Banned: pretty much for reason above
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.