Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Android Apps

Discussion in Android started by zenzr, May 23, 2013

1. Jul 8, 2012
    So since getting a new Galaxy S4 I have kind of gotten into liking configuring all different apps and such that have to deal with management, or perhaps cool features of the phone. I thought maybe this would be a good idea for people to share different apps (If any) that they have installed and briefly explain what/how they do and why they like them? Mention too if the app is free or not in case anyone finds interest in it.

I'll start off with two that I've been playing around with the last two days.

Lux Dash: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...esult#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS52aXRvLmx1eCJd (There is a free version which I have not played around with much.)

Basically it allows you much more control over your screen brightness, and allows you to drop down below the 0% threshold. I'm sure there's some fancy way to do this when rooted, but for the moment I like this one.

Juice Defender: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...xLDEsImNvbS5sYXRlZHJvaWQudWx0aW1hdGVqdWljZSJd (Also a less expensive, and a free version as well.)

For the moment I bought the Ultimate just in case I ever successfully root my S4. It allows for almost any kind of connection, brightness, or general phone connectivity control all in one nice app. There are different presets and you can also use if you don't want to configure things too much. If your device is rooted it also allows for CPU control.
    Zenzr, May 23, 2013 Last edited by zenzr, May 23, 2013
  2. Apr 9, 2007

AndChat
    Steam
    TuneIn
    Play Music
    Google Talk
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Aug 2, 2010
      Mumble
      Lookout
      Google Talk
      Google Translate
      Dropbox
      Assorted Games
      Pulse
      USA Today
      CNN
      FML
      Expedia
      Newegg
      Amazon
      Amazon Kindle
      Swiftkey
      Wiki

There's more but these are the apps I use frequently.

All were free except for Dropbox (storage space) and Swiftkey.
    • May 12, 2007
      IMDB
      Netflix
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Facebook Messenger
      Snapchat
      Longevity
      Inkpad
      ES File Explorer
      Tumblr
      TuneIn
      GoogleTalk

All are free. Logevity is like your little battery life saver when you're running low. Flip the switch and it switches it to "Just A Phone" mode. I love it. It's only a trial, but trial is all i need. I don't play games on my phone though. I just listen to music to keep me occupied.