Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Anime General

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Taters, Feb 28, 2013

1. Mar 12, 2008
    For the discussion of on-going, finished, and future series. Share some favorites, and find new ones.

Keep it civil.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Jun 23, 2011
      Watch Clannad it's one of my favorites :razz:
    • Dec 6, 2011
      • Mar 4, 2012
        2) Rurouni Kenshin
        3) Berserk
        4) Elfen Lied
        5) Gundam Wing/Endless Waltz
        6) Blue Gender

Cowboy Bebop is by far the best anime I've ever seen. Even if you're not into anime you could be entertained by it.
      • Mar 12, 2008
        unfortunately most consider it niche. I personally loved it. Spike wasn't really understood in the beginning but once his personality started to open up and learn more about him you grew on him.

It's a shame it was only limited to 1(?) season (24 ep=1 season right?). They really could have done so much more with it.
        • Agree Agree x 1
          Taters, Feb 28, 2013 Last edited by Taters, Feb 28, 2013
        • May 15, 2011
          And a movie. I have yet to watch any of it, but from what I've heard it's pretty good, so I wouldn't mind checking it out.

My current Winter 2013 list:

1. Tamako Market
          2. Ai Mai Mii
          3. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT
          4. Kotoura-san
          5. Mondai-Ji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
          6. GJ-bu
          And currently watching the Minami-ke series along with Mayoi Neko Overrun.

My favorite anime would be Ika Musume and Ichigo Mashimaro. They're both really well done comedies.

Only anime to make me cry. :'C
        • Jun 11, 2012
          Fist of the North Star because I got introduced when I use to be heavy on Destructoid forums. Also the Yatatatatata

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUlFqL72iV0

Samurai Champloo because music and samurai goes great together
          DragonBall Series because I don't know that's why

Also a very obscure anime made by Japan but voiced in french called "The Mysterious Cities of Gold" or in the actual french title "Les Mystérieuses Cités d'or". The story is about finding the lost cities made of gold that possess technology far advanced then ours. Like a freaking Golden Condor that is all mechanical and bigger then a freaking Airbus and that runs on the Sun energy. Or a mechanical boat that use the Sun energy to not only get powered but FREAKING shoots LASER....This is all happening when Spain was trying to find alternate ways to India.

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcH_ZTF6smY

I also realized that those shows aren't running anymore but I had my fun with them.
        • Mar 12, 2008
          There are many feels if you haven't seen FMA: Brotherhood yet.

i recommend this to everyone.
        • Jun 2, 2012
          Accel World is another good anime and would recommend this to all
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jul 20, 2010
            • Funny Funny x 2
            • Jun 23, 2011
              I have and it was really good but not cry worthy to me

Like dirtbag said clannad is the only one I watched to actually make me cry

Toradora is also a pretty good one
              • Agree Agree x 3
              • Nov 19, 2010
                Here are some of the Animes that I recommend :grin: Hope you like it :grin:

Sword Art Online <Action> <Romance> <Sci fantasy>
                Hayate No Gotoku <Action> <Harem> <Parody> <Romantic Comedy>
                Tonagura <Romantic Comedy>
                Angel Beats! <Action> <Comedy Drama> <Fantasy>
                Beezelbub <Action> <Comedy> <Slice of Life> <Martial Arts> <SuperNatural>
                Bakuman Season 1-3 <Slice of Life> <Comedy Drama> <Romance>
                D.Gray-Man <Dark Fantasy> <Action>
                Fairy Tail <Action> <Adventure> <Comedy Fantasy>
                Highschool DxD <Action> <Fantasy> <Harem> <Romantic Comedy> <SuperNatural>
                Kaichou wa mai Sama <Romantic Comedy>
                Kiss X Sis <Ecchi><Comedy>
              • May 15, 2011
              • Jul 20, 2010
              • Feb 19, 2012

As for me, I like to watch dark, mature anime that has moving plots. (i.e. no "high school" bullshit, no lovey-bovey bullshit, no emo teenage protagonists that are going through puberty (looking at you evangelion)), just stuff casual adults can relate to that has moving, mature plots.

With that in mind, here are my reccomendations, and reasons why.

Shiki - A horror anime (horror!) about a village seemingly infested with a deadly virus that is killing its inhabitants one by one. 2 seasons, and season 2 is when the anime goes balls-out-crazy. It also has the most BADASS Doctor in the history of doctors. Toshio is a fucking badass and his character is enough to watch this anime alone.

Phantom - Requiem for the Phantom - An immigrant is kidnapped and forced to be an assassin. Seems a little cliche at first, but the plot involves him falling in love with his partner in crime and trying to escape the life of an assassin with her, however his karma starts to catch up with him, making a happy ending seem more and more unachievable. It's pretty dark, involves a lot of death, and has a ton of plot and action focus. (Note: it is -very- easy to find spoilers for this anime on the internet, avoid youtube comments, etc. the spoilers really do ruin the entire experience)

Black Lagoon - Because...FUCK.

Ga-Rei Zero maybe-lesbian chick gets possessed by a demon and goes on a homicidal rampage. It has gore, but very light gore. It's only 12 episodes, and in my opinion, the entire middle of the anime is pointless. Just flashbacks. If you hit the flashbacks and find them boring, bear with it, the ending is worth it. The fanservice is also detrimental to the experience, with some suggestive scenes. but other than that, it's a solid experience. The 'fights' are pretty shounen-like, but the endings to the fights can be brutal and shocking.
                ZombieFurbie, Feb 28, 2013 Last edited by ZombieFurbie, Feb 28, 2013
              • Nov 6, 2011
                no it was weird haha but thats just my opinion
              • Jul 20, 2010
                • Agree Agree x 3
                • Oct 29, 2010
                  Where is the "Burn in hell" rating?
                  I love you.

This season I'm watching. . .
                  • Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? -- SO GOOD.
                  • Vividred Operation -- Lolicon.
                  • Maoyuu Maou Yuusha -- Very interesting and unique story.
                  • Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru -- Fairly average love-triangle.
                  • Kotoura-san -- Starts out with a super sad premise but get's to be quite adorable.
                  • Sasami-san@Ganbaranai -- Weird as shit.
                  • Love Live! -- Wishes they were K-On!
                  So far I'm really enjoying all of these, Mondaiji and Koroura-san in particular. I'm also watching Magi, which is still ongoing from last season, pretty damn good so far. I've been meaning to get caught up on Shinsekai yori, still ongoing from last season as well, but haven't found the time.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • Jul 20, 2010
                    Go watch it Momo and stop being a baby about it :razz:, trust me you'll like it. :devil:
                  • Sep 6, 2012
                    *Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
                    *Magi
                    *Medaka Box Abnormal
                    *Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
                    *[K] Project
                    *Little Busters
                    *Gintama
                    *Mirai Nikki

Stopped watching: Bleach,One Piece, Fairy Tail, Beelzebub, Naruto because I already know whats going to happen in the anime if I read the manga. :silly:

Light novels I read:
                    Sword Art Online
                    High School DxD
                    Campione
                    Accel World

Waiting for Season 2 lol