Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Another Escape Server?

Discussion in Future Servers started by samcov, Jan 22, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 2, 2012
    I've been getting a lot of requests from numerous players on the servers lately asking for another escape server.
    In my opinion I think it would be a good idea, not sure what everyone else thinks.

What are your thoughts?
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    I said this a while ago but was shot down.

If you have a stronger point then the server is constantly full, let us know.
  3. Nov 19, 2011
    It's not really a good idea to advertise other servers...
  4. Nov 19, 2011
    Sorry, I had to reread that. We should have another zombie escape server, similar to when we had one a couple months back.
  5. Jan 22, 2012
    I'd have to agree!

Alot of players are wishing to have a new map.

How would the decision be implimented? Popular vote here on the forums or have a poll type voting system?
  6. Aug 18, 2006
  7. Dec 6, 2011

Well, some things would conflict. I couldn't tell you much about how the servers would work and all, though I know it would take some money I'm guessing and some time. Also it could end up like ZM2 and be empty half of the day which would be wasteful. Another plus about not having a second zombie escape server is people are being forced to donate because they get so frustrated that they cannot join.:banana:

8. Aug 18, 2006
    Here are some of the main issues confronting us regarding a second Zombie Escape server:

1) We have enough server resources for another server, however, ZE uses a significant amount of CPU power, up to double that of a normal CS:S or ZM server CPU-wise, we're talking 2 CPU cores on a quad core. Zombie Escape uses up to 200% CPU. If we put up a Zombie Escape server, that will not leave us enough room for further server expansion without forcing us to buy a new dedicated server, and thus increasing our server expenses.
    2) If we stick up a ZE #2, some load will be lifted off of ZE #1 in terms of player count. The server will not be as full, we will likely get less donator and admin subscriptions as a result as people will not have as much of an incentive to get a reserved slot.
    3) Maintaining the server. Up until recently, ZE has been our most troublesome server maintenance-wise. We currently have our plate full as it is maintaining the current servers (IMO we are understaffed when it comes to maintenance). I've been working overtime lately in this area.

Now there are many advantages to putting up ZE #2 as well, as it's server expansion and that would allow us to expand further since we would be getting more admins... Personally? I'm up for the challenge. It would not be much of an extra technical workload since ZE #2 would be a ZE #1 clone (much like ZM #2 and ZM #1).

However, as of right now, I don't think it's a viable option.
  9. Jun 4, 2006
    This will not be happening anytime soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.