Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Another question about bhop -_-

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Polynation, Jun 14, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 29, 2012
    Are we allowed to bhop on maps that have a zm round and only on that round? (mako and lila panic)
  2. Feb 3, 2012
    It would still be considered breaking the rules about no bhopping on ZE. It wouldn't really be gaining speed if you're just surviving.
  3. Nov 17, 2012
    Rule applies to every map on the server, regardless of Zm round or not. You can bhop around by yourself somewhere but if you're using it to gain advantage then it's not allowed.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dec 27, 2012
      http://plaguefest.com/threads/bhop-clarification-for-ze-turned-zm-maps.15131/#post-194287

Not sure but that link might solve your question.

EDIT: I've been told that the rules in ZE remains the same. You can bunny hop around as much as you want as long as you don't use the gained speed to progress through the map, tag humans if you're a zombie or to gain any advantage at all out of it.

I'd say that bunny hopping around should only be a time-killer for let's say, waiting for a gate to open etc.
      Vicarious, Jun 14, 2013 Last edited by Vicarious, Jun 14, 2013
    • Jan 21, 2011
      • Dec 27, 2012
        :doh:
      • Mar 26, 2012
        Complexity nailed it. Don't use it to tag CTs, get away from zombies, or get map materials in the game, but everywhere else, it's OK.
      • May 31, 2012
        The rule specifically calls out unfair advancements. Players using bhops in the Zombie Mod rounds haven't been a problem in the past so I never got around to asking for opinions; I am glad you posted in advance before trying it out.

Players in the actual Zombie Mod server are allowed to do it so it wouldn't surprise me if there was some leniency in the Zombie Mod rounds in Zombie Escape. Arriving to your hiding spot any soon there other players is not "unfair" because players who arrive 15 seconds later than you wont have less of a chance of living compared to you. There are no triggers or advancements in Zombie Mod so there really is any unfair advance movements that can be done that would qualify as rule-breaking.

A couple of minor concerns (with their counter argument):
        • Players getting to the materias first in Mako - weapons only have a temporary power and aren't really useful in Zombie Mod so sort of useless anyways
        • Weapons require reloading - I think players spotted even without bhopping typically stand less a chance; usually hiding real well or being in a group will help and I believe this will outpower bhoppers any day just as I have seen in the Zombie Mod.
        I would personally, overall, not have a problem with players bhopping in the Zombie Mod rounds of Zombie Escape.

Looks like Complexity and Aprz got to it before me. Damn me and my long posts that contradict my signature lmfao! Okay it looks like I was partially wrong anyways but was headed in the right direction.
      • May 12, 2007
        I know this post is a lttle old but I would like to say something regarding bhopping on the ZE server. I think that bhopping on ZE should be not allowed period, we create this window for interpretation where players can attempt to argue or say they didn't understand the rule. I think that bhopping should just be plain and simple, no bhopping, in a circle, go backwards or forwards on a map into a wall down a hill, or any possible way we can imagine to bhop to construe the rule or explain it in any other way other than no, just don't do it. I know we want players to have fun but bhopping in a circle isn't fun, or in any other manner other than to use it to your advantage. If players are bored then they can leave the server so other players can join. If ZE is boring you that much then let others play and stop being an ass and taking up space. They can go to ZM and bhop their hearts out and when it is out of their systems come on back and try escaping the right way with the rest of us.
      • Jul 14, 2010
        I don't know why you're making an issue of this but I am 100% against restricting jumping around in a circle. Maybe it's fun for them, but they're not causing any trouble. The rule was already discussed to death and it was made so it was decided to punish only when bhopping for advantage.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          I'm with Penguin on this one (and total agreement with Complexity's and Aprz's post): I don't see a problem with bhopping as long as it's not used for unfair advantage. Could you imagine admins trying to kick and ban players bhopping in trapped areas lol :doh:. I mean the rules use to be really strict and were like that at one point but it became a learning experience over time that we don't need to be that tough on some harmless activities; I have changed my perception from past discussions.

Many players argue or disagree with admin decisions because they are biased in the situation but as long as you preserve protocol and be objective in your decision your will succeed and players can still have a great time on the server.
        • Jul 1, 2010
          We decided that it was best to limit the bhop rule to certain situations and I don't believe we have any desire to change it currently at this time.
        • Dec 6, 2011
          I believe we allow no-advantage bunny-hopping because players relentlessly trolled admins resulting in innocent people getting banned for literally just jumping.
        • Mar 22, 2012
          just remove that stupid rules gain unfair advantage all side can bhop human and zombie why is unfair ?
        • Mar 12, 2008

Copied from the Server Admin Only Thread:

Brett said:
          Before anybody gets confused, bunny-hopping is allowed. Bunny-hopping TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGE is NOT allowed.

EDIT: Woah what the fuck? it even copied the arrow jump. This is messing with my head, and now i'm off to sleep.
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Mar 26, 2012
            Cause it would be either "bhop or die". If we allowed bhopping (with advantage), it would force everyone to bhop in order to survive. On some maps, it's very difficult or near impossible for CTs to defend if a zombie is bhopping so we'd lose more rounds than we already do now.

Honestly though, I think on ZM round, bhopping should be allowed just on the ZM server. There is really no advancing or single hold spot that would make bhopping a problem in my opinion, and map items are fun rather than useful for advancing in the map during ZM rounds. We don't punish players who bhop to get map items on ZM servers.

But! But! But! I used to believe that bhopping should not be allowed period too. Every time we make an exception, there is always gonna be some knuckle head that finds a way to abuse it, and exceptions make it a little bit more harder to moderate the game for us.
          • Jun 10, 2011
            Which is why I said at the time not to advertise the change in rule, and just continue to say "no bhopping", but ah well, looks like that didn't last long.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Mar 26, 2012
              It was eventually gonna get out anyhow. Either people would slowly recognize that we weren't enforcing it on people who weren't advancing, or somebody was gonna leak it (even though I don't think we really did plan on keeping it a secret anyhow). Y'know pF admins, we like to spill everything. :grin:
            • Aug 2, 2010
              I believe the question was answered in this thread. Bhopping to gain an advantage is not allowed AT ALL on the ZE server. The rules won't be changed to allow for bhopping whenever and wherever on the ZE server.
              :handcuffs:
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • Mar 22, 2012
                • Funny Funny x 1
                Thread Status:
                Not open for further replies.