Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Another zm map :D

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by GRUDGE, Jan 3, 2012

1. Jul 28, 2011
    Almost finished with another zm map. And guess what...

[IMG]

[IMG]

...IT'S A LEGO MAP! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anyways, it should be ready for its first test within a week hopefully. This map is significantly smaller than my previous zm maps in this server, since people always seem to say "OMG dude this is huge!" to my maps :razz: If people think this is huge, then either they're crazy or idk how to make small maps. I'm still working on improving zm_forgotten also, but have been running into some issues so that one is taking a little longer to complete than I had hoped. As for my mg map... well I've taken a bit of a break from that one :thumbsup:

Here's what I still have to do until the first version is complete:
    • Add some more details
    • Finish some minor optimization
    • Add more props for cading
    • Improve lighting (lego maps almost look better fullbright... but I cannot bring myself to go that low)
    • Pack textures into bsp
    • Create radar overview
    • Pick a better name

One thing I've noticed about making small maps is they are a lot faster to make...
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • Mar 26, 2011
    • Jul 28, 2011
    • Feb 18, 2011

I love lego maps bro, I can't wait to play it.
    • Mar 26, 2011
    • Nov 2, 2011
      Nice Grudge, i'm sure it's gonna be another great map. :thumbsup:
    • Feb 21, 2007
      be sure to post it in the map suggestion thread so i dont overlook it when its ready!
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Might as well bump this instead of starting a new thread....

I need a break, so I'm working on the final version of this and it's almost done, change log:
      • Adding more spots
      • Adjusting other spots
      • Removing illegal spots
      • Parenting teleports inside moving parts so players will get teleported if they get glitched inside
      • Adding more secrets
      • Adding zombie cannon
      Anyone have any more suggestions or requests? Speak now or forever hold your peace!
      • Like Like x 1
      • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
      • Nov 2, 2011
        Show me all the secrets that is my request. Thanks :grin:
      • Feb 25, 2012
        The zombie cannon would be nice if noone could awp the controller. Potentially blowing him across the map or somewhere outside the map who knows..All i know is its annoying as hell and makes you want to punch the screen when it happens on battlefront. ..I have faith this map will step off. Who dislikes legos anyways?
      • Jul 28, 2011
        Nothing too fancy, just a static cannon you can use to launch yourself in the room with all of the moving platforms and beams :razz:
      • Oct 29, 2010
        Then go half-zombie, no? Do you not know how to use !zclass?
      • Feb 25, 2012
        great. Good thinking...Don't you just hate the noobies who like to screw with the control panel at battlefront...good lord its like trying to to tame a child whos mother is a crack head..
      • Feb 25, 2012
        Good point meeko....i'd like to save the rest of my zombie dignity if i will...Half zombie aint gonna cut it! ..It's too easy..isn't it a simple !zmenu 1 and 3?

nofair meeko you edited your post : [..i sound like an idiot.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Are you taking map-xitives and shitting out maps whenever you please? =P

And ew, lego. You should do a MLP map.
      • Oct 29, 2010
        Half-zombie won't cut it because you desire to preserve 'your diginity'?

OH LAWD.
      • meeko
        This message by meeko has been removed from public view. Deleted by meeko, Mar 6, 2012.
        Mar 6, 2012
      • Jul 28, 2011
        This message by carter has been removed from public view. Deleted by carter, Mar 6, 2012, Reason: racismoops.
        Mar 6, 2012
      • Feb 25, 2012
        I was referring to my heterosexuality...then you gotta go and throw the pink text down..Good lord man please stay away from me... The last homo ( no offense ) that made eye contact with me lost a couple teeth.
      • Oct 29, 2010
      • May 15, 2011

I like the idea of the Cannon. Just don't make it shoot to fast or those surfing assholes will be able to fly through the entire map with ease. Those guys always get me. :C

lol
        • Like Like x 1