Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Antec Lanboy Air

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by brownieapple, Sep 3, 2012

1. Jan 10, 2009
    hey everyone check out this page --> https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.419051671463375.87187.118473028187909&type=1 and keep checking back because some time this week my rig will be posted in it. like all the pictures if you can because if it generates enough interest Antec will have us [the people who are featured on their page] do a special project for them. so head on over there like some pictures and share the album with your wall!

I'll keep you guys updated oh how everything is coming along and if I get to do the special project!

edit//

keep an eye out on this page too --> https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151214782602442.500985.78242167441&type=1 it is the Antec USA page.
    brownieapple, Sep 3, 2012 Last edited by brownieapple, Sep 4, 2012
  2. Aug 5, 2010
    Take out all the lights and the PC will look better.
  3. Jan 10, 2009
    yeah i know a lot of people don't like a lot of lights and what not. but there are more to come. the first one with the 23 or so fans in it was his goal. since the LanBoy Air has spots for them he wanted to set out and try to fill them all up. the other case that is watercooled created the thread on OCN that started this whole thing with Antec. there are a few other people that will be put up through the week as well. I am just surprised that I was one of the lucky ones that got picked to move onto the second phase of this if it generates enough interest.

that is why I posted this thread in here to see if i could get at least a few of you guys to like the pictures and comment on some of the pictures throughout the week. especially mine when it comes up since mine isn't very elaborate like some of those. all i ask is could you spread the word for me and help a fellow member out.

tl;dr
    1. We've been talking to Antec for a few weeks.
    2: There is a project I can be involved in if enough interest is generated.
    3. Keep checking through the week more lanboys will be posted.
    4. Like and comment them for me. This will help me and 5 other dudes get the ok for the project.
    4. ????
    5. Profit!

@Taters I am calling on your influential powers and because i don't know any of the new people haha.
  4. Feb 14, 2012
    Those lights add at least 5 extra mhz bro.
  5. Jan 10, 2009
    >.> comments like those really are not necessary. If you can't add anything positive to this thread then why post?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 14, 2012
      Because it's the no count section and you can post just about anything you want so without further delay...

[IMG]
    • May 14, 2011
    • May 14, 2011
      i THINK MORE PEOPLE WOULD LIKE IT TO SUPPORT YOU IF IT WAS ANONYMOUS.

^caps lock, cba to re-type
    • Mar 12, 2008
      Just click "like" on the damn thing.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Jan 10, 2009
        yeah i understand that @Ghost people don't like facebook and all but some of us already know each others real names or are even friends on facebook so that is honestly a non-issue.
      • May 14, 2011
        I'll like it in a bit, so you dont know its me. :smile:
        Post Merged, Sep 4, 2012
        If you i dunno make a reddit and asked people to bump it up?
      • Jan 10, 2009
        hmm. but i think that Antec wants to keep it on facebook. not really sure where they would stand on the reddit idea. i guess it wouldn't hurt to ask.

haha don't worry I won't friend you or creep your shit. I hardly use it anyway.
      • Oct 27, 2010
        I have the same case. The rubber bands that hold the HDD's in place are SUPER stoopid but I like it otherwise. Kinda think you may have gone a little overboard with the number of fans but I think that's what you were going for anyhow. Nice dude.
      • Jan 10, 2009
        I agree I don't like the HDD bungees it makes it a little tougher to deal with.

Thanks! But that is not my case. Actually the case with all of the fans and the case that have the water loop are two separate people. Antec is posting everybody up in batches like one to two a day or every other day. something like that. My case is the only red one in the bunch and another person went through 3 or 4 color changes which they will be posting all of his I believe. So keep checking back every once in a while.

Basically what is going to happen with this is if it generates the interest needed. Antec will be sending me and four other people that they posted a new Lanboy Air case, their little closed loop cpu cooler, a few other things and some cash to mod the case that they sent to us. and from there it will be given away as prizes. I understand that it is just some marketing idea but at the same time it is something kinda neat to be a part of.
      • May 14, 2011
      • Oct 27, 2010
      • Jun 18, 2012
        Just stroling the interwebz? It seems like there's a lot of contests like these going on for pretty much any product. You got to design/make something and you can win a prize. If it's really good I guess they will use it for their own desgins on whatever product they make.
      • Jan 10, 2009
        One of the guys from the Lanboy Air Case Club thread on OCN has been in contact with Antec for about a month or so now. and they told him to pick four other people to be a part of it. those other details really were just told to us about a week ago. He asked us to send in some pictures of out rigs and he would contact us with more information later. Basically what it is is that the Lanboy is one of the least popular cases in their lineup. there is A LOT of dislike towards the case. Mostly since it is mostly open air, no filters and a few other things.

most people don't realize there is potential in this case. After my initial build everything was on air like the case is suppose to be. but i got some wild hair about wanting to water cool it. so i started looking into other cases suited for water cooling. after a while i decided to stick with the LanBoy because it would present a different kind of challenge all together to keep everything internal[most people with LanBoys at that point were using external rads or closed loop systems]. fast forward a few months later i had all the parts needed to build my first loop. it took me 6 or so hours to cram everything in there and to route the tubing in an efficient and aesthetic way.

more like being part of OCN for a year and keeping active in the LanBoy case club thread. being active at the right time i guess.

well we don't really win a prize or anything for doing it the prize is the finished modded case that gets sent off to some lucky winner. we just get compensated for our time.

haha its okay.
      • May 14, 2011
        • Mesh design lets way too much dust in.
        • Positive air pressure makes fans work harder.
        • Bungee design hdds are terrible. If I want a trampoline for my hard drives i'll get one.
        • Over priced for a mid- tower.
        • Requires modding to look good.
        • Like 6 screws to open the case.
        Some of my point my be slightly wrong. It was a long time since i set up my friends system in the airboy.