Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

anti-grief and anti-spamjump plugins

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Pearlsnaps, Apr 1, 2013

1. Sep 8, 2012
    Hi , i'm here to talk about implementing two plugins that seem like a very good idea imo to have in the ZE server.

The 1st plugin is the anti-grief plugin which is made for the maps Mako reactor, predator, and paranoid where there is a lot of items to pick up. It tells in the chat log who picks up the item, what he has picked up, AND when he uses the item. It's on GFL and has worked like a charm catching griefers trying to use materias to teamkill.

The second plugin is to stop zombies from spam jumping in small crouch spots like in vents. When they spam jump their jump button really fast they go faster than just holding their forward key. The plugin prevents this and everytime the zombie tries to jump every 0.5 seconds it blocks them. Both of these plugins would be VERY good to have on the ZE server and hope you consider.

Here are some screenshots of what the anti-grief plugin would look like (look in the chat log):
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=136103410[IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=136103704[IMG]

Sgt. zaCade made both of these plugins but is playing LoL right now and is too lazy to give me the links.
    • Good Idea x 9
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Wizard! x 1
    • Useful x 1
      Pearlsnaps, Apr 1, 2013 Last edited by Pearlsnaps, Apr 1, 2013
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Pretty cool, would like to see the actual plugin source. Please update us when you get a hold of it. :thumbsup:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 14, 2012
        this one would be great to have. would it tell you who used a cade on minas though?
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Even if it doesn't, we can always modify it :wink:
      • Sep 8, 2012
        I don't think it will work on maps like Skyrim and Minas considering you're not picking up an item like a pistol. I may be wrong, i'll talk to zacade about it.
      • Mar 20, 2012
        Ive seen them on gfl and korean server had this ages ago, but I still dont know if it truly works. In mako its possible to drop a materia and another players picks it up. Both players can now press it even with the mapself spamprotection, I wonder what the plugin does when it comes to this situation, is the user or the person who holds the materia in the chatline? if its the holder , then it fails

im not a fan of the second plugin , zombies are already so fcked at some holds and steal them now a way to protect themselves from instant killing doesnt sound so good
        • Informative Informative x 2
        • Sep 8, 2012
          Yes for example if somebody drops gravity to give to somebody else it won't read that that person has picked it up. Although it doesn't matter because it will read when the person uses it.
        • May 31, 2012

I like the first plugin but not the second one.

This will be helpful for people to know who to call out and admins to keep an eye out for griefing; although I always have a demo so if anybody griefs while I'm on they are fucked from the start.
        • Feb 5, 2013
          The anti-grief plugin gives a message upon picking the weapon up, and another message when the weapon is used. The names can be different, e.g. to detect weapon spammers on pred, or when weapons are dropped/swapped on mako. On Skyrim it won't show when an ability is used, rather it will say who picks up which character. I'm not sure how/if it works on minas.

The anti-spamjump plug-in is great too, people using a spacebar shouldn't even notice it.
          We implemented it because there was an increasing amount of people using a spacebarspammer/simular macros, or even just their mouselwheel to jump through small openings in the blink of an eye. In vents it greatly reduces pushback too, forcing the team to focus on a spamjumping zombie.
          Industrial dejavu is a good example where spamjumping can wreak havoc, and where this plug-in comes in handy.
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Oct 17, 2011
            I have tons of screenshots and I wanted to make a suggestion thread of this too but I forgot. It also shows it in colors, so it makes it viewable for the admin. Clan UAE old ze server had this plugin too before they changed it to zr.
            Edit: nvm, there is a different plugin that is actually better that I saw on a weird Russian server and I'll see if I could find the screenshots.
            Edit 2:no screens but good fkin plugin especially for mako. Now, we can ban some Russian fags.
            Super Mario, Apr 1, 2013 Last edited by Super Mario, Apr 1, 2013
          • Apr 9, 2007
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
            • Nov 11, 2011
              Hopefully his friend will let us have it so you can work your magic. :thumbsup:
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Sep 8, 2012
                bleh, he hasn't been on in a day but said he was going to rewrite the anti-spamjump plugin anyway.
              • Jan 14, 2013
                Isnt there an addon to can detend people who are jumping on a surface grade even more than 45 celcius who are tryng to repeat jump? Seems quiet simple in order to detect it to deny them from jumping on it after landing
              • Jan 21, 2011
                • Funny Funny x 2
                • Mar 20, 2012
                  GFL server just has a way bigger problem with this because of your damn zombiejumpboost, which makes zombies so powerful with spamjump.
                  We have so many "buff zombies" threads but I think nothing changed, and now we want to make them even weaker? If a zombie can just spamjump through then the humans failed at defend.
                  On GFL , nobody defends, thats y u need such a plugin.

And we have autosniper...
                • Jul 20, 2010
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Jul 17, 2012
                    For GFL it would be better if they teach them how to play this mod, instead of turning down the settings.

This unbalanced crap is the main reason why i don't join this server anymore (besides the fact most admins there tolerate racism)

BTT: the anti grief plugin would be a great addition, especially for normal players, so they can make easy ban reports.
                    ColdZero, Apr 2, 2013 Last edited by ColdZero, Apr 2, 2013
                  • Feb 12, 2012
                    lol :cute: