Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Anti Grief

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by iProbie, Aug 22, 2013

1. Apr 1, 2012
    I don't feel like posting in the original anti grief plugin thread.

anyway, can management edit the plugin manually so it works with almost all other maps in ZE that have human special items?
    if yes, I have some maps in mind that could use anti grief plugin support.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Aug 7, 2012
      • Like Like x 1
      • Apr 1, 2012
        Enviolinador's maps: paper, dejavu, christmas
        blackmesa remix
        lila panic
        moria + mt doom
        UT!!!!
        exorath
        infected sewers
        Pirates Royale

some other maps also have only 1 special human item like
        nublar, potc
        • Like Like x 3
        • Useful Useful x 1
        • Apr 9, 2007
          @Haplo is the one you need to convince, I've invested far too much time into the configs/plugin already.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Apr 3, 2013
            Anti-grief sometimes gets hammered and does not work properly. I had an item on predator yesterday, and it got used by another person, but the anti-grief didn't display who did it. That's not the first time i saw that happen.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Nov 11, 2011
              Indeed. Ain't perfect. Usually happens when several commands are executed within a certain time period and the server restricts it as spam. I've had this happen to me several times, it would be more helpful to record the date and time when it happens next so Kyle may pull the logs so we can debug the problem. Otherwise, it'll all be speculation.
            • Apr 1, 2012
              is it easy to write the plugin for these maps though? out of the list i made in the previous post: blackmesa, lila and exorath have the most number of human items
              • Like Like x 1
              • Nov 11, 2011
                It's easy. If anything, @Detonator and I can write one.
                • Useful Useful x 1
                • Apr 1, 2012
                  kewl, so you can write them and Haplo will just add them afterwards, correct?
                • Nov 11, 2011
                • Apr 1, 2012
                  idk how this plugin writing thing works, so if you can explain in simple peasant English, that would be fantastic.
                • Nov 11, 2011
                  It's not hard to make the script. I'd just have to look at the vmf for a few things. Might take a little bit of time but it won't be tough.

Also, use proper meme next time, thanks. :grin:

[IMG]
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Winner Winner x 1
                  • Apr 1, 2012
                    I didn't know about that caption meme, serious...

on-topic: yeah sure, take your time, this isn't quite an urgent matter
                  • May 27, 2012
                    Could always use entwatch. Friend of mine made it a while back, and its fairly easy to add new items. (few more features, however, a few small bugs too)
                    • Agree Agree x 2
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • May 31, 2012
                      I don't really fancy antigrief plugins, so if you're going to do it for my maps leave them for last. In fact, I should have never filtered weapons. It takes out the teamwork part of using an item if the carrier is slow (at the expense of trolls perhaps, but I prefer it this way).
                    • Apr 1, 2012

Bauxe's entwatch plugin seems a lot better than our current anti-grief plugin! I've seen it in action while playing mako and the only downside is that it doesn't show steam IDs. however, unlike anti-grief, it works all the time and it even shows the cooldown timer for items too and show a bunch of other things like dropping items and disconnecting with items! I suggest replacing the anti-grief with entwatch.

but I don't want to tag Kyle....
                      • Agree Agree x 2
                      • Apr 3, 2013
                        @Kyle
                      • Mar 30, 2012
                      • May 27, 2012
                        We will be adding SteamID on the next major update, and a few more features. Not sure how far away it will be. :razz:
                      • Apr 9, 2007
                        When I looked at it when it was first posted, it was one of the most poorly written plugins I've ever seen. Has this changed?
                        • Funny Funny x 1