Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Anybody know any modelers?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Josh, Jun 2, 2012

1. Mar 16, 2008
    If we have a few, I'll host a contest but I'm looking to get someone to work on a few super secret projects.
  2. Jul 4, 2011
    • May 14, 2011
      Will this be a mapping or a modelling contest then?
    • Nov 11, 2011
      No, this is strictly for modeling.... I think. We'll have to wait until Josh responds to the WHAT UP BRO thread, first. lol :tremble:
    • Mar 16, 2008
      Don't know yet, We need a few models made and I don't want to make a contest if we don't have enough people who can participate. I'm still planning on a mapping contest though.
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • May 15, 2011
        I can try for the contest. I have a little Modelling experience. I might not be able to make anything remotely good but I can try. Would be nice to get me some motivation to try again though.
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Nov 11, 2011
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Sep 25, 2010
            I have some very basic knowledge in modelling and animating. Would love to try this.
          • Mar 16, 2008
            well, would love to see attempts at a new zombie model. Not looking for a port but I won't reject a port if it looks good and the hitboxes work.

Here are s-low and techknow's sites. I'm not looking for links to their site, they do have a few resources for helping though.
            http://s-low.net/forum/
            http://techknowmodels.19.forumer.com
            • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
            • May 14, 2011
              Well I hope this does go ahead, I would love to see some new zombie models.

Make the other part of the crawler zombie (legs) DAMMIT!
            • May 15, 2011
              Ah, fuck I'm out. If I could get Z Brush to work maybe, but fuck I can barely work 3DS Max, let alone build a zombie. @.@

Edit: I don't know how many modellers we have here, but if you really need this done, might I suggest asking around modelling communities, like the Game Artist Forums?
            • Mar 16, 2008
              This isn't my main goal, just looking to see what people can do. We have needed a new zombie model for a while though so two birds with one stone.
            • Mar 16, 2008
              Start with zombie hands then, replacing the knife for first person view.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Apr 9, 2012

If it's a new zombie model that should be animated, I have no problems for that, but if you DON'T want it to be a port... It might take a very long time before you can do an animation for every player animation out there.
                However, if I should CREATE a new model, don't count me in. I can't do any of that.

I can turn any model into every other format, I can animate (any imaginable custom animation) and I can port models to player models for Source (with the bone transfer).

EDIT: If you would like a complete new zombie model, created from scratch... You would need a professional modeller, and probably pay him for it. If you can find anyone WILLING to do this free I would seriously be surprised. Not only does the modelling take a huge time and a creative mind, but also the textures. I mean one doesn't solely create a random texture, UV-map it onto a custom created and adapted model (which is very complicated) and port it over to Source (porting is super-easy though).

Anyway if that is the real deal that you guys are searching for in this thread then don't count me in x) I can't create player models. It's probably (imo) the hardest thing ever to do in a 3D modelling program. Even buildings and vehicles are easier than a character.

Also I model (my own models) in google Sketchup and then bring them over into 3DS Max 2012 for maximum quality and very high detail (Only characters are not my field.) So don't start saying "Then you aren't a modeller etc etc etc" because I am, but modelling doesn't only mean doing characters. (Srry that I have to mention this along because many people often get this wrong xp)
                JorisCeoen, Jun 2, 2012 Last edited by JorisCeoen, Jun 2, 2012
              • Jul 28, 2011
                I know a guy who is an absolute beast at modeling and animating. I'll let him know...
              • Feb 18, 2011
                I know a few and I will see if I can get a hold of them. But they are freelance guys so you have to pay them if that's alright.
              • Apr 9, 2012
                Well, if people read my post (3rd above this one) you will know what I ment now that you will read Anathema's post x) I knew it wouldn't have taken too long for some1 else to mention this. Unless some1 is willing to do it for free (I don't think some1 will unless they are very open hearthed and have a doubting optimism) you won't find someone without payment for it.
              • Mar 16, 2008
                I understand payment would be required for a custom model but I'm also considering the fact that as soon as we have it, it will be made available to any server that feels like stealing it from us. This is one of the main reasons why new models aren't made for this game that often and when they are, they place their community's name all over the damn model.
              • Apr 9, 2012
                Yea I understand. It's a horrible doing of servers that is unstoppable, but so is the internet :-/

I'm going to be honest. At first I said I didn't do any charactering models... Well I CAN make them, but it would simply require so much time that I'm unsure if it's worth all the effort. If there is no timelimit I 'might' be able to pull off a model. I'm not unsure about the modelling aspect but I do have problems with textures. Textuing is no problem but without lies, I cannot make character textures. Let alone zombie textures. That requires a totally different field of modelling. That's why often characters are always being created by 2 people: The modeller and the designer... I'm the first but not the second x)

But however I might find some1 who can help me once I got a model ready. Now is the examination period so before I could start I wouldn't be able to do it before the 10th of July
              • Mar 16, 2008
                We might consider porting but I'm waiting on a reply from @Brian before I say anything in those regards.