Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Anyone else getting this problem?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Never Enough, Jul 21, 2012

1. Feb 14, 2012
    ze_parking is a great example. I can't see the flames and the mines make these giant red x's everywhere.

2. Nov 11, 2011
    Did you install any new maps that overwrote your materials folder?
  3. Mar 20, 2012
    Yeah have the same problem for some days/weeks now ..... but its seems its expanding from the location usually entities are.
    On paranoid i get it often at the Balrog Spawn and on Minas Tirith its the nazgulspawnplace at stage 4 for example at 5:40-6:00in this video

Dont really know how to disable it but when i play its not that annyoing yet as the screenshot...
  4. Jul 4, 2011
    It seems to be a CS:S update causing some particles to do this, no idea why or how to fix it.
  5. Apr 9, 2012
    Either verify your game Cache (you can do this under the properties of CS:S) also try to defragment the files, and then see if it is fixed. If it didn't, and it only happen on this map, then redownload the map
  6. May 31, 2012
    From the few tests I've made about this matter, I've noticed that tends to ocurr more on multiplayer games, and I have the feeling that it happens with particle systems that create a lot of particles. That's why it happens on parking, because LeGrem's particles tend to be more 'detailed' in this aspect. It happened on Blackmesa with the slowring once, and when it did I went and tested on singleplayer; the 'crosses' were gone. I believe it has to do with the last update too...
  7. Jul 4, 2011
    As far as I know, Parking played perfectly fine up until recently.
  8. Oct 17, 2011
    Never had this before. Mako has a lot more particles I think then this map and it never seemed to happen to anyone on it. I don't particles cause this because i played this map twice qnd I never got these marks.
  9. May 31, 2012
    It did. That's why I think the update broke Parking's particles, because LeGrem tends to use particle systems that emit more particles.