Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Anyone else having volume problem?

Discussion in Help Desk started by Bukkake, Apr 15, 2011

1. Mar 4, 2011
    After the css update my vol. keeps going low. When I start css its fine but once I enter a server it goes all low. My audio settings didn't change. Anyone know how to fix this?
  2. Dec 30, 2006
  3. Mar 4, 2011
    Legit css o_o got it off steam. Also when I asked some people from this bhop server they said they are having the same problem (That server isnt cracked).
  4. Dec 30, 2006
    Not sure if this would help but you can delete your config file and let css create a new one?

It's located at:
    C:\Yourdrive\program shits\steam\steamapps\yoursmellyaccount\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg
  5. Sep 25, 2010
    I had this problem, but for some reason today after steam update everything works fine
  6. Mar 26, 2011
    Ive notice that when i talk in the game my voice turn all most way down.
  7. Feb 12, 2011
    Steam bug, it should be fixed as soon as you restart steam.
    (They just patched it)
  8. Nov 14, 2010
    Let's just go with "valve sucks with updates" and they should beta test their shit a little longer before releasing it. I'm having the same problem, and it is getting really annoying.
  9. Sep 25, 2010
    The new steam update should fix it. restart steam.
  10. Mar 4, 2011
    The 2nd update? or is it this "little update" where they dont post it...I only see april 15 and 16 update
  11. Mar 4, 2011
    ok so i read css forum http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1836259 maybe try this.. Control Panel > Sound > Communications > select the "Do Nothing" option. After defragging my computer ima try this
  12. Jan 12, 2011
    Shift+Tab > Settings will be your friend when Steam does weird crap with your audio. For me and mic settings (transmit and receive), I sometimes need to bump them up or turn them down depending on how well people hear me online. It has been fairly stable with me recently, but just saying.
  13. Mar 4, 2011
    But its not just the mic vol that goes low everything goes low like game vol, gun firing vol, etc.. o_O
  14. Jan 12, 2011
    Check your computer settings? I sure you've already dug around to figure it out, but maybe it's just some small auto-setting. Then again, maybe it just feels like being buggy. If I think of something new, I'll post it here. Otherwise, good luck. :confused:
  15. Mar 4, 2011
    Probably the communication thingy in my control panel.. Gunna check after my defragment (taking so dam long)
  16. Aug 18, 2006

That's what they mean by 'audio ducking'. Restart steam and it should be fixed.

Also, a defrag will do absolutely nothing. It just organizes the files on the hard disk in such a way each file isn't scattered around, making access times faster.

@ Bella. Just because issues arise in production does not mean they don't test their code. You need to realize there are endless software and hardware combinations that may contribute to a problem. They cant test their code on every combination out there.
  17. Jan 12, 2011
    ....Defragmenting takes a while. What did you expect? :razz:
    The most important area to keep defragged is your OS partition. (Please tell me you use partitions to separation your OS, games, data, etc. on your computer.) If you deselect your other partitions (or "extended" partitions as they are referred to as) then it won't take as long. Defragging everything takes hours, depending on the capacity of your hard drive. If your game is being laggy, and it's on a different partition, well I suppose that drive needs to be dragged too, but another time when you aren't busy. Just saying. :smile:
  18. Mar 4, 2011
    Yes i know , was just defragging because i havent defrag my comp in such a long time and since Css is "broken" and im not tired.. for the hell of it , i just defragged my comp . Its done now :grin:

UPDATE: Its all good now, i guess the cilent updated fixed everything :thumbsup:
    ..and now i can stop playing L4D2 and go back to css >_> kept shooting my friend by accident
  19. Feb 17, 2011
    yup! had this since the first update yestrday! and the funny thing it only goes low when i press the talk button ingame and it goes to normal when i release it AND it pauses my music on WMP when i press it and when i release it resumes oO i thought that is an amazing feature tbh if only it was controlled haha
    but i guess it was a glitch since it happend only on css and not on l4d

i will check mine if it works when i get home tonight.
  20. Feb 1, 2011
    Consider yourselves lucky that all you're dealing with is audio issues.

As some of you know, my PC fried about a month ago and I've been playing on a Mac laptop becuase it's all I have.

This recent update completely FUCKED all Mac users, and none of our source games will even launch. I know they can't test every possible setup when creating an update Ray, but they managed to make all Source games crash on OSX. Great job Valve!

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1836303