Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Apple aiport express base station

Discussion in iPhone/iOS started by blahdude10, Aug 15, 2011

1. May 7, 2011
    DO any of you guys use Apple airport express base station by any chance D: i have a question to askkkk
  2. Apr 9, 2007
  3. Nov 29, 2010
  4. May 7, 2011
    where is dillinger :smile: gotta ask him few questionssss
  5. Aug 15, 2011
    I am a Mac user and have an Airport Extreme... what's your question?
  6. Mar 20, 2011
    Mr. Bean, why.... just why.... what is your question about the express base station?
  7. Feb 1, 2011
    I AM HERE. And yes I am familiar with these routers. What's your question?
  8. May 7, 2011

soooo i have a 2 wire modem downstairs and im not getting much signal up here soo im thinking about getting the airport express base station..

and i still dont get how to use it

do i just get the ethernet cable that is attached to the modem and i just plug it into the Apple Airport Express??
    do i really need the CD that comes with the box cause im thinking about getting used ones from Amazon but most of the sellers dont include the CDs
  9. Feb 1, 2011
    Yes, you just plug the ethernet cable into the Airport Express and it will beam a wireless signal. No, I don't think you need the CD, at least not if you're using a Mac. Are you using a Mac or PC?
  10. Mar 20, 2011
    Ah hahahaha you still need to run Airport Admin to configure it! If you have a horrible garbage mac, go to utilities from the main finder titlebar menu and then go to Airport Admin, on a PC you need to download airport admin. Then plug it in to the 2 wire via ethernet and wait 10 minutes for the airport express to boot. Then you can configure it.
  11. May 7, 2011

and Churma i just found the airport utility. is that the one you are talking about? it just told me that it is scanning for an airport device.
  12. Mar 20, 2011
    Yes sir that is it, so, the airport express is plugged in the wall, and y ou have one long ass ethernet cable running to it? or are you going ethernet to the unit and then to the mac book pro?
  13. May 7, 2011
    well ima do some measuring and get that perfect cable so the Express is still downstairs but closer to my room so i can get better connections so does my mom and dad for their iphones and ipads LOL.

im not going to be charged extra right? :razz: since its connected from my 2wire modem.
  14. Mar 20, 2011
    NO you will not get charged and that is a wise choice my friend. Log into the 2wire and see if there is Qos too, give your computer priority on your subnet.
  15. May 7, 2011

but.. its freaking expensive...
    im trying to buy one from amazon which is like 60+ arghhh
    if my parents find out. im deeaddd
  16. Apr 9, 2007
    Why are you buying a piece of shit Airport.............................................

Get a decent router instead and have it act as a repeater.