Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

APW Help

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by sajak, Jul 13, 2013

1. Nov 11, 2011
    I'm using couple of areaportalwindows in my map (don't ask).

From one side of the door, it works as intended. But from the other side, it doesn't display the func_brush. Here are three images showing what happens.

I am stumped atm, any ideas what I may be doing wrong? There are no hint/skip, visclusters, or anything else that might be causing a problem. There is, however, a trigger_multiple but I removed it and I still continue to have this issue.
  2. Mar 8, 2013
    I'm assuming your rendered window is a brush with the toolsblack texture on all sides?

tbh the only time I've had problems with APW not rendering properly is when I've had a leak in the map. don't know what else it could be.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    Yeah, that's correct. And yeah, I've only had problems when there were leaks, but there are no leaks in the map. I've looked thoroughly.
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    As it turns out, some locations required the APW to be in the anterior of the brush while certain locations required the APW to be in the posterior of the brush. Also:

• The window goes invisible if the rendered brush was inside of it.
    • The window goes invisible if the rendered brush was touching the face of the APW.

Why the brush needs to be in front or back of the APW based off location, I still don't understand. For now, the problem at hand is resolved. Thanks.
    • Informative Informative x 1