Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Archeage

Discussion in Gaming started by atxdragon, Jul 30, 2014

1. Aug 7, 2012
    Anyone else planning on playing this new sandbox MMO? It looks pretty sweet and it's from Trion. The second closed beta period is this weekend and there are still plenty of keys available.

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/

The world-altering-ness of it seems pretty cool, not many MMOs have it.
  2. Dec 27, 2012
    My brother is considering to play it once it's out of beta stage, I don't know myself. It looks cool but I might be occupied with other games at the time so we'll see.
  3. Feb 3, 2012
    I haven't played it but it looks pretty cool.
  4. Feb 25, 2014
    My days of mmo's are over i just don't got the time for it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 13, 2014
      I've got a beta invite for this and will be testing it out. Beta session 2 starts today
    • Aug 7, 2012
      I've got it downloading right now but the servers are slammed with traffic. I'm hoping that's a good sign :smile:
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 13, 2014
        As long as they don't rush the release. ESO did and broke my heart. I died inside knowing Bethesda let them get away with such heresy.
      • Aug 7, 2012
        Zenimax ruined it, I don't get why Bethesda couldn't have just developed it in-house. The beta that I got to play was pretty terrible.
      • Feb 13, 2014
        Beta == Release. I played for a month and nothing changed.
      • Feb 1, 2011
        I played the "alpha" for a while and liked it (not really alpha since the game has been out for a while in Korea). They introduced some changes in the beta that have been controversial. Game is super grindy and rewards no-lifers that can grind to land / boat ownership quickly by dumping in a ton of playtime. Seems like it might be a rough time / unrewarding for the 'casual' player, which is where I fall. Regardless, I'll be checking it out on release.
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Nov 15, 2011
          • Like Like x 1
          • Feb 2, 2013
            I have been playing it for awhile since I have Alpha access (thanks to my brother). Honestly, the only thing that keeps me playing is my mount - Mimi the Mirage Leomorph.
          • Aug 7, 2012
            I bought a boat and that completely changed my view on this game. I want to be a pirate forever now :grin:
          • Mar 19, 2011
            Can anyone comment on their impressions of the beta

Same, though they do have a good amount of content / fixes coming hopefully they can right the ship with this until then I won't be re-subbing.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Aug 7, 2012
              Closed beta 3 is coming out next weekend! If you haven't tried it yet, definitely give it a shot. There are plenty of free beta keys that are given away.
            • Jul 9, 2013
              It looks like a pretty interesting game but it kind of reminds me of the usual mmos I don't see anything initially that places them above the rest.
            • Aug 7, 2012
              It feels a lot like vanilla WoW. It's not carebear and the labor point system prevents anyone from rapidly leveling.
            • Dec 27, 2013
              Looks funny - i`m not a fan of MMO`s hue. but i might hop in the beta and see. .
            • Feb 8, 2013
              I have two more keys up for grab for CBET3 (Closed Beta Experiment Testing #3), which starts August 14th - 18th. Add me on steam if you're interested.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Aug 7, 2012
                If anyone wants to come join me in the next beta, I've got a boat and am learning the sea trade routes :grin: