Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Area Portals Error

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Kyron The Wise, Aug 13, 2011

1. Apr 29, 2011
    Now, I'm no mapper, so when my mapping friend Oblivion runs into problems, I just come here. His map is almost done, and this is the last thing he needs fixed before he is finished.

when the map compiles it says portalnum > numareaportals error, but there are no area portals anymore, they have all been deleted from the map

Now, I've no fucking clue what any of this means, so I'm asking you guys for help. What does this mean for the map, and how can it be fixed?
  2. Mar 25, 2011
    Ran into this in my old map (timeline) tell him to give you the whole compile log and post it here.

And tell him to go to map->load pointfile at the top of the window. If it opens another window asking you which to open then tell me, if it draws a red line in his map it means there's a leak, the red line will bring you to it.
  3. Apr 29, 2011
    ** Command: "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\kadamaji\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
    ** Parameters: -game "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\kadamaji\counter-strike source\cstrike" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\kadamaji\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\css_groundwar_v2beta.vmf"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Jul 7 2010)
    2 threads
    materialPath: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\kadamaji\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\kadamaji\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\css_groundwar_v2beta.vmf
    material "concrete/blendconcdirt002b" not found.
    Material not found!: CONCRETE/BLENDCONCDIRT002B
    ConVarRef mat_reduceparticles doesn't point to an existing ConVar
    material "concrete/concretefloor003a" not found.
    Material not found!: CONCRETE/CONCRETEFLOOR003A
    Can't find surfaceprop stone for material STONE/INFWLLFTOP, using default
    material "1default/toolsnodraw" not found.
    Material not found!: 1DEFAULT/TOOLSNODRAW
    material "cs_black_hawk_down/toolsnodraw" not found.
    Material not found!: CS_BLACK_HAWK_DOWN/TOOLSNODRAW
    material "boat/toolsinvisiblewood" not found.
    Material not found!: BOAT/TOOLSINVISIBLEWOOD
    Error: displacement found on a(n) func_detail entity - not supported (entity 1449, brush 0)

** Executing...
    ** Command: "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\kadamaji\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
    ** Parameters: -game "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\kadamaji\counter-strike source\cstrike" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\kadamaji\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\css_groundwar_v2beta"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Jul 7 2010)
    2 threads
    reading c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\kadamaji\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\css_groundwar_v2beta.bsp
    reading c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\kadamaji\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\css_groundwar_v2beta.prt
    LoadPortals: couldn't read c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\kadamaji\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\css_groun
  4. Mar 25, 2011
    Looks like oblivion accidentally control+t'd a displacement. He'll have to find the displacement and either move it to the world or delete it all together.
  5. Apr 29, 2011
    He says that probably happened when his cat ran across the keyboard. Any way to make this procedure go fast as there s over 1400?
  6. Mar 25, 2011
    There's not over 1400, thats the entity ID. Besically, go to view->goto brush number-> paste that 1400 number.
  7. Apr 29, 2011
    "I know what the entity number is. It has like 3536 brushes."
  8. Mar 25, 2011
    [IMG] Well then select all of those brushes together, then go to tools->move to world, problem should be solved.
  9. Oct 10, 2010

there is a easier way

go to visgroup,
    unckeck func_detail and look which displacment brush disappears.

thats it

select it and move to world

second way:

unckeck ALL

only check func_detail
    look which dispacement brush you can see
  10. Mar 25, 2011
    Oh i thought he was saying he had made 3000 brushes func_details. Yeah, do what MoonLight said, should be better than doing it my way.