Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Arma III (3) Alpha out.

Discussion in Gaming started by Ghost, Mar 5, 2013

1. May 14, 2011
    • Informative Informative x 1
      Ghost, Mar 5, 2013 Last edited by Ghost, Mar 5, 2013
    • May 14, 2011
      For any of you interested I bought the game.

The visuals are amazing and I think I'm prepared to learn the commands. Yes there are loads :frown: . It feels like getting FS2004 all over again.

One issue is there are no drivers that work with the game yet so my 7970 is at 25% load and I get 11fps at ultra (depending on the area).

I tried a shooting demo and I loved it.

The helicopter demo was just argh. If anyone can fly the heli first time then you get a cookie. The controls are Q and Z to spin the blades up and down. X and C for yaw. And WSAD with a bit of mouse. I mean just picture doing all of that at the same time.

It was great fun. You should buy it, the multiplayer will be great with loads of people.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      A bit expensive for me at the moment. :thinking:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 9, 2012
        Lol, those visuals are so strong that they seem to suffer lagg while recording... Way to create games we yet can't run. Looks very decent, but not really my type of gaming style. I have all ARMA's currently out, only played 5mins of it and snapped out of it xD
      • Jan 12, 2012
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Oct 22, 2012
          way to influence my new pc hardware...hint hint: GPU :cool:
        • May 14, 2011
          Right now its because of driver issues. :frown:

As above its driver issues. My 7970 was at max 25% load and down to 10% load at some points. You have to remember this is the alpha stage.