Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Ask anything about mapping (Source SDK & Hammer)

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by [T_T], Mar 12, 2012

1. Feb 11, 2012
    I decided to make thread like this so people could ask simple stuff about creating maps and stuff from our great mappers so people don't have always make new thread. I'm pretty sure you will get fast answer from somebody!
    I thought this thread might be good idea and useful:dazed: everybody can ofc reply if they have solution :smile:
  2. Aug 1, 2011
    I don't see what the problem is for people to steam message Mappers for advice. Just saying...
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Sep 25, 2010
      I think it's better to have each question in a separate thread. I'm sure this will get confusing and messy.
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Oct 17, 2011
        Omg I don't get why you make problems on each thread and go way too rude with it like last time when you started joking about my spelling.
        I agree with detonator. It will cause problems and mess with too many replies. Anyways, I am helping 6 people on my list now that I have added because I have seen them making threads and now I am happy and pleasured with helping them
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Jun 4, 2006
          There's no problem with it, however if it's done on a public platform such as a forum it could help other mappers who come across the thread(s) that are experiencing similar issues. However, I don't think the idea of throwing all the mapping questions into one thread is a good idea at all, nor is it organized. It won't be easy to find common problems or questions that have already been asked.

I kind of get the idea if it's a question that doesn't really warrant a thread, such as a quick question you'd ask a fellow mapper on Steam... "hey do you remember where I add in X in order to Y?" "oh yeah that's under the X menu" - this kind of shit I could see in a single thread, but regardless even small shit like that could be useful to others and more easily obtained if it's in its own thread perhaps.

tl;dr I don't see people using this thread.
        • Aug 1, 2011
          Listen @=pf= RegisteR *mario*. This goes for EVERYONE. Before I begin, I don't appreciate you calling this out in a public thread totally off topic when it should be a private matter. If you have/had a problem with the way I post, you should have came to me personally rather than point it out on some random thread. Alright, now that I have said that, I will get started. I do not make problems on each thread that I comment on. I have an opinion like everyone else. I have always gone through life expressing myself and the way I think to others when I believe something is wrong or needs to be addressed. Just because I have the audacity to point something out or say something controversial doesn't mean you should/need to condemn me for it. That is the way I like to go about doing things and I will NOT change the way I am. To my knowledge, very few people have problems with the way I think, or not a lot of people are pointing it out. Which ever it may be, I think you are the rude one for assuming that I purposely do this to everyone and that I am some horrible person. I have yet to see any example where I was rude to anyone unless it seriously called for me being rude. I have approached every situation in this forum with the utmost respect to everyone and plan to keep it that way. The reason I criticized your spelling was because it was literally getting difficult to read. When I have to think seriously about what you actually say, no, I shouldn't have to decipher what you post. I am pretty sure you know how to spell and use correct grammar. If you want me to respect you and think of what you post as being intelligent points, spell out your words and use some sentence structure. That is just the way I am. If you don't like how I approach situations or how I like to handle things, I am sorry but you will have to deal with it.

I will not put a tl;dr because I will not put a half-assed explanation in place of my original. Read it or don't read it, but read it how it should be read.
        • May 14, 2011
          This is exactly why I made the group in steam. Join it and ask questions there if you need answers ASAP.
        • Jul 5, 2008
        • Feb 12, 2012
          Before this thread derails and gets locked:

I'm trying to make a secret wall, but with the lighting, it make the secret wall, well, not so secret. I did the BlockLight thing and still nothing. Any suggestions?
        • May 14, 2011
          If you use a func_illusionary and enable all the shadow settings it should be fine
          • Like Like x 1
          • Feb 12, 2012
            ^ These last 2 posts is what the topic should look like ^

Sometimes, mappers aren't always on. Either they're busy mapping, or playing CSS. I don't want to bother them all the time, and things like the question I asked isn't completely urgent.

That question I asked was legit by the way, :grin:

I approve :dance:
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Jun 4, 2006
              mappers will just have to use their own judgement as to what questions/issues should have their own threads (most likely issues/questions that aren't a simple 1 sentence answer, could involve multiple posts helping along the way, who knows, just speculating), and what questions/issues are more fit for a thread like this.