Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

asking unmute me for perm

Discussion in Help Desk started by FFVII In Mind_JangMat, Apr 30, 2013

1. Mar 16, 2013
    Hello. I'm FFVII In Mind_JangMat. I need perm unmute. I live in korea(blacklist). When i connect pF, auto mute. So many admins unmuted me so many times. I'm tired of this..... plz add korea on whitelist or perm unmute me T_T
  2. Feb 8, 2013
    There's a player named MoistTowlette that has the same problem as you... That's so weird.
  3. Nov 19, 2010
    Some Countries are auto-muted when they enter, my country too.. I think it is like to prevent NON-English speakers on the mic..
  4. Mar 30, 2013
  5. Jun 10, 2011
    Ben is correct on the reason, but i've not once had a problem with JangMat-nim switching to Korean. However, I do not know if we've had problems with other Koreans in the past, especially when a lot come for Mako. I'm not sure if we can whitelist just one person, though if we could that would be an ideal solution, but if not I think whitelisting Korea should be on a trial basis.
  6. Jun 18, 2012
    http://www.uspto.gov/patft/help/helpctry.htm
    The countries whitelisted on Minigames.
    AU, BE, BS, CA, CO, DE, GB, IL, LT, LV, NL, PH, RO, SA, SE, US, SA, NZ, NO, DK, PT

That's a quote from Josh on a previous thread, mind that this is for minigames only and it varies per server, but I bet they can provide you with another list regarding ZM/ZE. Besides the people talking in their native languages on the mic I think your country also gets blacklisted when continuous trolling on the mic/soundboards/ VERY LOUD SCREAMING, or other stuff people don't like for a long period of time.
  7. Nov 19, 2010
    I might be going off topic here, but before I became an admin I hated being auto-muted and I'm always asking admins to mute & unmute me so I could talk on the mic.. After awhile I decided to get admin(not for this reason only of course) and I was able to talk on the mic without any problems whatsoever.. So I guess what I'm trying to say is maybe you could get donator/admin but of course it's up to you =D.. Because I'm not sure whether they'll ever change it
  8. Jun 11, 2012
    THis player is fine and I heard him speak english quite well.
  9. Sep 8, 2012
    I remember Jangmat use to speak English on the server awhile back. What happened?

And yes he speaks good english when he needs to. XD
  10. Apr 9, 2007
  11. Aug 2, 2010
    99% of the Korean population cannot speak English. We can't place an entire country that can't speak English on our whitelist because of 1 person.

미안하오 @FFVII In Mind_JangMat님. 저도 한국사람이라서 해주고 싶은데 규칙대로 해야합니다.

Donator로 가입하시는거는 어떤가요? 한달에 5천원정도만 하는데.
  12. Sep 8, 2012
    Half of the people in UET are Korean and live in South Korea. I can speak fine with almost all of them.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Aug 2, 2010
      That's a very small demographic to justify whitelisting an entire country unfortunately. Most of the Koreans I come across on CS servers cannot speak English. There were times I've had to warn Korean players in Korean because of the fact they can't understand English.
    • Mar 16, 2013
      흠 그러면 시범기간에 시행해보고 문제없으면 지속하는것도 안될까요 pf올정도의 한국인이면 대부분 개념은 챙기고 오시는데
    • Oct 29, 2010
    • Kyle
      This message by Kyle has been removed from public view. Deleted by Kyle, May 1, 2013, Reason: Brian: lookin like a smidgen of a fool.
      May 1, 2013
    • Feb 11, 2012
      Well not really..their country is Blacklisted so when they join they are auto-muted.
    • Aug 2, 2010
      전에 시범을 해봤는데 문제가 너무많이 발생했어 영어를 사용하지 않은 나라들을 마이크 사용 금지를 하것입니다. 좀 불편하시겠지만 unmute을 admin한테 용청하시거나, donator/admin을 가입하셔야합니다.
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Feb 11, 2012
        France at one point was Whitelisted, but some players joined the server talking French and what not and not complying to our warnings, so unfortunately it was Blacklisted again.
      • Oct 29, 2010
        IMHO disabling the country blacklists and permanently muting people who don't speak English through mic would be a better and more fair solution. I know it would need a lot more entries in the database and a plugin modification. If resources are enough and somebody is up for the work why not?
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          That honestly would require too much organization and work; it is prone to problems and is not practical. Many of these players, with the few exceptions, are just passing by to play maps like Mako and are no regulars -- even these players would be added to the described data base and would take up resources even though they are around only once or twice. Admins would be going crazy.