Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag

Discussion in Gaming started by Haplo, Mar 7, 2013

1. Apr 4, 2009
    via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMcMph-TW9I

The year is 1715. Pirates rule the Caribbean and have established their own lawless Republic. Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag introduces Edward Kenway, a brash rebel Pirate Assassin. His fight for glory has earned him the respect of legends like Blackbeard, but also drawn him into the ancient war between Assassins and Templars, a war that may destroy everything the pirates have built. Take part in an incredible and seamless adventure. Discover the most diverse Assassin's Creed world ever created. From Kingston to Nassau, explore 50 unique locations where you can live the life of a pirate. Become one of the most feared pirates in the West Indies. Stand amongst legendary names as you establish a lawless Republic in the Bahamas and relive the truly explosive events that defined the Golden Age of Piracy.

Also Coming on Next Gen (Next-Gen) Consoles!

Developer: Ubisoft
    Release: 10/29/2013
    Genre: Action
    Platform: PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC
    Publisher: Ubisoft

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYBG6fSVnLs

Meet Edward Kenway, a brash and rebellious pirate, trained by Assassins. Discover this new charismatic hero in Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™
    • Like Like x 2
    • Apr 1, 2012
      in AC 5, the protagonist is going to be Chef-Assassin...
    • Jun 11, 2012
      This better be good after that travesty that Ubisoft delivered with AC3. I found AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelation the only good games in the series, albeit it did focused on this 1 character but anything can be better than what AC1 was. They nerfed the repetitive and made the game a more progressive flow while always building a better story from AC2 to Revelation.

Ubisoft has been recently been one the dev studios that is releasing these really awesome and fantastic ideas for games and they still have a lot of games to come out. Looking at their 2013 release schedule and you can see gamers anxious to play them. I hope that by us paying attention to them that they don't suddenly start releasing crap in order to make a quick buck.
    • Jul 1, 2010
      Hmm, I found AC3 to be really good, but meh. Ubisoft has been one of the better dev studios for sure. I'll be looking forward to AC4.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I like AC3 so far, though I haven't made it all the way through. I'm excited for AC4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    • Aug 10, 2012
      Why do they spew out a new Assassin's creed game every year?
    • Nov 11, 2011
      I don't think each release was garbage, per say, but if there is a demand, companies respond.
    • Feb 21, 2007
      looks good. I've been contemplating getting 3.
    • Jun 11, 2012
      I really tried to enjoy AC3. I've was one the people that was hyped up to get it since I loved AC2 to Revelation. I felt like something odd was missing however I'm not going to spoil anything here. The only thing that I like in AC3 wasn't the base game but the Boat stuff. I liked sailing the boat and going from island to island and shooting cannons at the attacking ship. But if they can go back to what made AC2 to Revelation very good games then that's fine. Also bring back factions that was a really important thing they removed.

In all honesty the AC games from AC2 to Revelation were done by different dev group at Ubisoft. And also they weren't anything that was put together in a matter of months since each of one them is like 25hrs of the base game without including side missions and I loved it . AC3 on the other hand, Ubisoft started working on it after AC2 by dedicating a team from the start so that one has a long dev cycle.

If you haven't played AC2 to Revelation, start with those because they are well done. If you did play them then you can get AC3 but you have to use a 360 controller on the PC because it behaves like Prince of Persia circa anything before the terrible 2008 release.

This and the boat stuff are the best thing in AC3. The theme song done by Jesper Kyd was really awesome.

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv2qdBn7pXU
      Benderius, Mar 7, 2013 Last edited by Bender Rodriguez, Mar 7, 2013
    • Nov 29, 2010
      For me, Ubisoft's been staying way too far from the assassins, more of contrived bunch knick-knacks here and slowly becoming less and less about taking out high-value targets, more about giving you everything and a gigantic sandbox full of dull features.

I couldn't beat AC3, it got way too boring. What AC1 and AC2 did right was character progression and the fact that stabbing people actually felt like it had meaning (more so in AC1) but as the series progressed, they just kept tacking on all this garbage to just weigh down the overall experience.

AC1 Stab these people, climb walls, explore viewpoints. Progress your character.
      AC2 Rennovate a city, get a second blade, removed repetitive events to take a more natural approach to stabbing people, get a gun, have an actually likeable character.
      AC:B Lose the city, acquire rome. Kill people faster, recruit assassins.
      AC:R Lose rome, acquire Constantinople, Get a hookblade for that extra feet your ungodly strength can't reach. Milk ezio for every last dime.

AC3 Drop any sense of character progression, despite starting from square one all over again. Have everything you need to kill people straight off the bat. Meaningless features, one of the funnest parts of the game does not even tie into the story what so ever.

I'm approaching AC4 with skepticism, I miss the character progression that ac1 and 2 provided, your character improves as you play and they learn new tricks and whatnot. When they dropped all of those entirely and just let you kill people straight off the bat, I've completely lost interest in the game. With more and more tacked on features, Assassins creed is turning from a clean-cut game about assassinating people, into a bland mulch of contrived and useless features with a knife sticking out of it.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 31, 2012
        Too soon they are making another, it wont be that good.
      • Mar 23, 2012

As you can see on the picture above we can see 4 weapon : 2 on his chest, one on his right hand and another one on his back on the left. I think Ubisoft is gonna make some interesting gun improvement witch is catching my intention because I like guns :grin: ! To add to the guns, he is also carrying the legendary assassin blade (right hand) and a sword.

I think they might be a new game play more interesting like shooting 4 people with each gun and then go into combat with a melee weapon and as you progress you might be able to unlock different type of weapon and may even be able to carry more weapon !

It is a well know fact that Pirates carried multiple firearms due to the nature of their job. Many of these weapons had a different ammo sizes so they absolutely loaded themselves with weapons. That is why the English and Dutch pirates didn't reaload much. This is something that has been depicted pretty well in Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flags.

This is one of the reasons why Black Beard, one of the well known English pirate always carried 6-8 weapons at once.

[IMG]

• Feb 21, 2007
        [IMG]
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Feb 5, 2013
          The same reason why Activision spew out a new Call of Duty game every year.