Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ATI Driver CSS -.-

Discussion in Help Desk started by PeNguiN, Aug 6, 2011

1. Jul 14, 2010
    I Just updated to the 11.7 drivers of catalyst + the display driver and now when playing at 1280x768 resolution in counter strike source, my font is blurry/not as clear as it use to be. When I go to my native 1440x900 resolution it is clear again. Before I updated 1280x768 looked better than my native res and now it looks like garbage. I've tried re-installing my drivers and rolling back to older versions but to no avail, still looks bad.

When I take a screenshot and minimize to look at it, the font appears like it did before I updated my drivers. Any ideas to fix this?

Previously running 11.3
  2. Mar 16, 2008
    updating to 11.7 right now, was running 11.3 until 11.6 came out because 11.4 and 11.5 were uncompatable for me. I'll let you know how it is once i'm done.
  3. Jul 14, 2010
    Uninstalled the driver through device manager by using this guide. While uninstalling the device from the device manager, make sure you follow the steps below:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Access Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager.
    3. Open Device Manager and expand Display adapter.
    4. Select the ATI display adapter and uninstall the device.

While uninstalling the device, make sure you place a check mark against "Delete the driver software for this device".

After I re-installed the 11.3 display driver. Problem solved. Think I'll wait for 11.8 or try 11.6.
  4. Jun 23, 2010
    Nonno your uninstall the drivers the wrong way.

Only if you want to downgrade or if you move from ATI to Nvidia or Nvidia to ATI.

Here is the correct program
    http://www.phyxion.net/Driver-Sweeper/Driver-Sweeper/

(When uninstall its best to run it on safe-mode)

Uninstall current drivers
    boot into safe mode (Make sure you downloaded the drivers you want to install)
    Run the program, and select all the ATI/Nvidia display drivers
    Click clean or whatever it is and let it do its job.

After your done
    Install the drivers
    Reboot.

And never uninstall the drivers like the way you did Penguin.
  5. Jul 14, 2010
    ccleaner does not clean drivers, it cleans files/frees up disk space :confused:
    The way I used worked :razz:.
  6. Jun 23, 2010

It suppose to be driver sweeper
    http://www.phyxion.net/Driver-Sweeper/Driver-Sweeper/
  7. Mar 20, 2011
    So you play css full screen at a lower resolution than native? If you do, you will always get text that will look blurry to an extent because it is stretching the pixel. Have you tried playing 1280x768 in a window with your computer set to its native resolution? I bet your font will be crisp and clear. I am updating my drivers right now to 11.7 but I am running @ 2560x1600. I just tried running CSS full screen at 1280x800 on 11.6 drivers and it is blurry as fuck because of the pixel stretching.