Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

atix

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by halostryke, Apr 23, 2011

ATIX is a Zombie Escape Map. Because it is on a Zombie Mod server should ZM rules prevail?

No, do not enforce illegal spots as it's an escape map 10 vote(s) 66.7%
Yes, enforce illegal spots even if it is an escape map. 5 vote(s) 33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 26, 2010
    The red brick building that has a Marr Freighter banner has an invisible crouch spot. Please clarify if this spot should be illegal.
  2. Nov 14, 2010
    I totally forgot to mention that, when I saw it. By default, it's a crouch spot and IS illegal. But listing it as illegal always helps. Thanks for posting it! :grin:
  3. Dec 7, 2010
    I do not believe there are any illegal camp spots in atix simply because it is an escape map. Since the goal of this map is to escape and if you camp in an area which you cannot escape from you will be nuked and thus defeat the purpose of the map. I don't know about anyone else but if they want to barricade themselves in a cubbyhole in order to perish in a nuke, I say let them.
  4. Jul 14, 2008
    Yes, crouch spot camping in a map like Atix is pointless. However you can always enforce the no crouch spots rule if people are camping in there. I'd rather let them get nuked though.
  5. Jun 4, 2006
    True, but always enforcing the illegal spots is a good idea imo. Some players might notice others in the crouch spot and that they aren't getting punished. They could interpret this the wrong way and begin to believe crouch spots are legal now. Zombies could get mad at this cause they can't get the humans when they are technically breaking the rules. Also what's to stop them from getting OUT of the spot and still making it to the chopper when it arrives?
  6. Dec 25, 2009
    20+ zombies drooling for their brains right outside their camp spot? :whistling:
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    not if most give up and focus on easier targets.
  8. Feb 21, 2007
    sorry if this is considered necro-ing a post but a few admin were arguing on whether or not another crouch entry spot was deemed legal or illegal....please make a final decision roots because the argument started to get messy (all in admin chat thankfully) but I, along with 2 others said it was fine since (like harvey stated) it's an escape map and the person is probably going to get nuked...chances of them surviving and making it to the heli with 20+ zombies following them is a stretch...even for vets
  10. Posts
    This wasn't about if they would survive or not. I know the rules, and I can comprehend this topic and I will tell you what I kept telling you in-game. The conclusion of this thread is "Yes, crouch spot camping in a map like Atix is pointless. However you can always enforce the no crouch spots rule if people are camping in there. I'd rather let them get nuked though. " . I asked you guys in-game to see if I wasn't the only one who realized that breaking the rules ( being in crouch spots) isn't okay because we are on Atix_helicopter. Yeah the map will blow up at 1 minute left, thats not the point at all! I didn't think you guys would start telling me "its legal... this is a ze map.. different rules" one admin kept insisting it was okay because "harvey updated the !illegal list and its not on there so its okay".. All a load of crap... If someone is in a crouch spot on any map in the ZM servers, the rules should be enforced if the admin feels necessary.
  11. Dec 25, 2009
    My point is the same as latino's... yeah its a crouch spot, but id rather let them die. IF you want to make a big deal out of it, fine, warn them its illegal, etc. but in the long run, being there is counter productive for the concept of the map. On Atix, I'm more concerned about people disconnecting/reconnecting to avoid the nuke. Though to be honest, until they get rankings working again, even doing that is pointless.
  12. Posts
    if you would have said that originally.. would have saved a lot of arguing.
  13. Dec 25, 2009
    Actually i did say that, but you were a little caught up in your rant. I originally said, technically its a crouch spot, but they are going to die when the nuke goes off. Your point seemed to be, its an illegal spot, per the root admins, and needed to be enforced as such. I don't believe such a consensus came about on that point previously. It's really not something thats going to break the map, unlike say, knifing zombies up into the nuke area.
  14. Posts
    I would like to insist that anyone who can review in-game logs, PLEASE do so. It is clear that some admins are choosing not to take claim for their actions. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that we wouldn't be posting in here, if the whole time- we agreed upon the same conclusion. In-game you were DIRECTLY disputing EVERYTHING I said in chat. I'm about to do some searching since you want to lie. I don't think its fair for anyone reading this to believe what you are saying, since in fact you are lying. I hope that a higher-up can jump in here and take over. I was simply about to tell someone to get out of a crouch spot, but I wanted to see if I was on the same page as other admins, and clearly I wasn't. I don't think its healthy for you to lie about something this dumb deepfried. Anyways, i'm not going to argue about what you did and didn't say. Please if someone can post logs, that would be very helpful in a situation like this. Thanks!

and just to reinforce my point:"but I, along with 2 others said it was fine since (like harvey stated) it's an escape map and the person is probably going to get nuked...chances of them surviving and making it to the heli with 20+ zombies following them is a stretch...even for vets " Muffins post clearly states him and 2 other admins did not agree with me.

Come on deepfried, you're better then this.. Did you agree or disagree with me. I won't reply untill a higher-up posts, or the logs are posted.
  15. Dec 25, 2009
    I'm not going to get caught up in your crusade again, you keep making it personal. I'm done with this. I've stated my position repeatedly both in game and here.

Edit: And my only point in game was as it stands, !illegal shows no current illegal spots, as of the last recent update by harvey
  16. Jul 14, 2008
  17. Posts
    I couldn't resist to reply.
    I hope you realize that your "only point" contradicts your first post. The dispute was over if the spot was illegal or not. So are you now admitting some truth.. you were disputing what I said and ONE thing you mentioned was that it wasn't in !illegal, there for it is legal. In the forums you like to start off saying you agree with latino (what I was saying in game), but now you are saying... that since its not in !illegal its legal? I'm confused as to where you stand. Maybe you were just looking for someone to argue with in-game. I have no clue.
  18. Posts
    Oh sorry for that post! Didn't see that latino. Thank you for the clarification sir!
  19. Sep 26, 2010
    I would appreciate it very much if both crouch entry spots discussed would then be added to the official illegal list if we're to enforce them in game...much appreciated
  20. Dec 7, 2010
    Angel, I greatly value your opinion and respect you as well. In order to gain a consensus, I would like to ask the other LSA's about their opinions on this issue.

Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.