Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Minecraft started by Thorazine, Jan 20, 2012

1. Jan 14, 2008

Named for an actual planned undersea colony, I did this mostly for the technical difficulty of building underwater in survival. Drowned at least a dozen times doing the first pyramid before I finally got an enchanted breathing helm. The central pyramid structure goes all the way down to bedrock, and I died from falling at least a dozen times too. I chose that site for the water depth and the deep ravine under it, so most of the digging/mining was done for me there. But it still took a few days to clear out the rest, and an obscene amount of glass and sandstone and dying some more in the nether collecting glowstone. It's still not done but at least the design is mostly fleshed out. Elements of sacred geometry were incorporated with obsessive attention to symmetry. It's intended to be as much art as it is functional.

Enough sunlight filters down to allow growing in four of the five pyramids. Somewhat slower, but it works. And guaranteed pest free. There are seven habitable levels, sea level access, a subway station going to spawn on the bottom level, and plans for a huge arena out in the nearby desert where I dug out all the sand and sandstone, rather than just leaving an ugly strip mine that can be seen from space. All areas including the sandstone tower have glass railings and walkways that are safe to walk on and right up to. You won't fall through anywhere and now that it's region protected you won't accidentally break something and go splat.

Screenies were taken with the Faithful 32x32 HD tex pack. It was mostly built and designed with vanilla textures though and looks much more impressive ingame.
    Visitors are welcome with use and entry flags set, although most of the chests are locked down with /cprivate. You can get there from the subway station directly south from spawn at x0 y64 z256, or by boat vaguely southeast from the aircraft carrier. You can see it on Dynmap at -504,64,1036. If you'd like to take up residence there, well, there's six more floors and plenty of room to dig out more space to suit. Lemmie know.

Thanks go to Haplo, Dharkk, and Ray for providing and admining a cool, laid back server.
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    Very awesome! I've wanted to take a swing at building underwater, but would usually drown before I could do much (even using the torch breathing trick). I would love to come visit and maybe make a room. I hope to be on sometime tonight!
  3. Aug 1, 2011
    Holy shit....where is this?
  4. Jan 14, 2008
    Thanks man. I'll probably be on tonight. The trick I use is glass panes. 2x2 high displaces water so you can stand beside it and breathe. Silly, but so is torch breathing. :smile:

Kinda fuzzy after reduction but there it is. The flat map is on the right side options in dynmap.
  5. Aug 25, 2009
    This is absolutley amazing!
  6. Aug 1, 2011
    I think this is right beside my place to...Now I must get on and check this shit out!
  7. Dec 6, 2011
    What an awesome work of art. Are there buildings in the city yet or is it just a small open underwater city?

This now makes me want to play MC.... FML. I still have unplayed games I bought from before Christmas.... :confused: