Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Attack of the wild boxes

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Kloud, Dec 2, 2013

1. Apr 3, 2013
    So this is happening. Any idea on how to fix this? They seem to randomly fix itself sometimes too.
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    You may not have the language package on Win7 or whatever operating system you have.

Although, I think that's only for the larger, wider boxes. Did you make any big changes to your OS or the game recently that could've caused this?
  3. Feb 27, 2012
    Missing fonts, sometimes counter strike doesn't load them. I get the same problem from time to time. Try this...

EDIT: Never mind, that's for CS1.6 i think.
    EDIT2: Try installing this from the microsoft site. ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/tahoma32.exe
    It's from this guide http://css.gamebanana.com/tuts/10675
  4. Apr 9, 2012
    Never ever encountered this problem.
  5. Feb 3, 2012
    Seems to be working fine for me.
  6. Apr 3, 2013
  7. Feb 11, 2012
    I've had this problem in the past but mainly for what Brett was saying. It was the larger looking boxes and it was pretty much all foreign languages and any symbols had it.
    Something also tells me I was talking about this in another thread once, not 100% sure. My problem was the Language Pack, although one of the 1st times it happened to me and still is the solution for me at times, is an update. Sometimes my PC tells me I need to update (whatever the update may be), after I update and restart my pc and it works, but sometimes it doesn't. In cases like that where installing the language pack still doesn't work nor the update (if it needs one), I just wait it out until one day I load up CS:S and there are no boxes.