Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

attract tons of ppl to servers(mainly mg)

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by ๖ۜSp1¢Y_T@¢()_, Apr 26, 2011

1. Apr 23, 2011
    i just played on a mg server where every minute u play there u get a credit. after racking up tons of points, u can type !store and have access to a shopmenu which allows u to purchase various things such as trails, skins, hats, etc. The objects aren't cheap but that's the whole point, set them to 15000pts and ppl will play all the time. I usually cant get into that server becuase its always maxed out at 40 ppl. I say give the admins their choice of one object for free, so regular players can witness how cool they can become -_-
    http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa402/spicytaco3/?action=view&current=kfchat.jpg
  2. Mar 22, 2011
    i like the idea but i have a feeling theres some technical reason we couldn't do it.
  3. Mar 13, 2010
    And yeah, I agree that sounds pretty cool. Or if you survive a round, or make a kill during a round, or do any of a number of things, you get points as well. I think that'd be badass. If you know of the script or can get them to pass it our way, that would be great. Also, can you PM me the ip of this server? I wanna try it out. :razz:
  4. Apr 23, 2011
    i mean on the server that i played on, it worked fine. no lag or anything. I think if we could get a hold of that script it would work fine.
  5. Mar 25, 2011
    No trails, never put trails in in this fashion, ever. EVER EVER EVER.

But hats and skins? I'm on board.
  6. May 27, 2008

Trails yes.

Skins yes.
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    Seems this would make far more sense in a DR server but you'd have to modify how points are tallied.
  8. Mar 16, 2008
  9. Aug 18, 2006
    It is a good idea. Currently working on other projects but I'll look into this possibility when I tie them up.
  10. Mar 25, 2011
    No trails though, it may seem like a dandy idea with 20 people on the server, but double that and it's laggy as a motherfucker. not to mention ugly as shit.
  11. Oct 27, 2010
    I don't see why a feature like this wouldn't be added to all the servers :biggrin: , not just the MG.
  12. Jun 4, 2006
    only thing I'm worried about is this taking away from the value of donator... if players know they can just PLAY to obtain skins and shit then why pay for donator? Sure they can't get certain shit like reserve slots but other than that skins are a big part of why players even want donator... then again if this helps retain higher player counts... it could attract more admins, so eh.
  13. Oct 27, 2010
    Well how about you have "premium upgrades" that only donators and admin (or even tiers between the two) have access to purchase, thus there is even further incentive to pay. Kinda like fly for fun.
  14. Mar 16, 2008
    That's why we don't give everything to the public, allow donators to earn more.
  15. Apr 23, 2011
    u can also charge for points =X say like $10 for 5,000 pts, $20 for 15,000pts and etc. i no i'd buy some :razz:inch:
  16. Mar 25, 2011
    i think the hats is a good idea, I'm not sure if there's a hatmod for css, i know there's one for gmod (basically identical). Reserve skins and stuff for donators and admins. Sassilization (gmod community) has this kind of hat thing on there server and it works very similar to what was suggested here, except you have to WIN to get points.

Well leave sknis for donators and leave trails out if you do, it ruins it.
  17. Aug 18, 2006
    There seems to be quite a lot of support for this. I think this idea may do quite nicely for the new DeathRun (and possibly CSS:grin:M) servers we will be putting up soon as well. Not just for MG.
  18. Aug 13, 2010
  19. Dec 26, 2010
    Donators could earn points at an increased rate perhaps.

Trails would work if you made them cheap and only last a round at a time metinks.
  20. Jun 4, 2006
    What's it matter to you you're perma'd lol lol lol lol lol