Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Audio Help

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by P@P@_ROASTER, Jul 20, 2012

1. Jul 16, 2012
    Hey PF Community! P@P@_ROASTER here with a semi-major of a concern,well not really but I need help!

I have my sisters 26inch Vizio HDMI TV plugged into my PC right now (HDMI Cord, not VGA) and I want to use system sounds (chrome / music / ect) through the TV and my games through my headset (At least for CSS) I was wondering if anyone had any idea of how I could accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!
  2. May 14, 2011
    Oh i see what you mean now, or at least i think I do.

Capture

Set your headset as your default Device, Its probably your speakers now and your head set is your default comunications device. Make your headphones both of them. :smile:

EDIT: Although this way you will just have to switch forwards and back if you want to use speakers for other things. Its a bit of a work around. You can just short cut the sound options on your desktop and it should be quick.
  3. Jul 16, 2012

I know how to switch the audio back & forth between TV & Headphones, I just have no clue how to get CSS to play through my headphones & everything else through my TV. That way I can listen to music through my TV & hear game sounds through my headset.
  4. May 14, 2011
  5. Apr 9, 2012
    I know how you can do it, I've been doing it:

You can buy a splitter (http://www.niharsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/audio-splitter.jpg) and have that one in your Green audio output. Then have your headset plugged into one of the inputs, and the cable with the other plugin (which is attached to your TV) in the other input. Congrats, you have sound for both.

Note that this DOES decrease sound quality, but it's so little that the human ear can arguably not make the difference :smile:

Have fun!

Here is the pic of the splitter in case you don't want to click the link for any reason:
    [IMG]
  6. Jul 18, 2012
    You could do it. You would have to define your output from your game sounds to your "headset" and the output from your music player / browser to your "speakers". <<Simplified way.

To do this I would have to be inperson there sorry.
  7. May 14, 2011
  8. Apr 9, 2012
    Lol sorry I read your post wrong, so you don't want to have 1 ouput going into 2 inputs, but you want your Game sound to be in the headsets and your music throught the TV??

I would not see another way than Xitude suggests. However it's not for one who doesn't understand simple audio outputs and inputs :-|
  9. Jul 16, 2012
    I've done it in the past... Just can't remember how lol. Thanks for the suggestions anyways.

@Xitude... Don't suppose you live in Northern MS? lol
  10. May 14, 2011
    Kent, England. Says so on his profile. xD
  11. Jul 16, 2012
    • Zing! Zing! x 2