Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

[Aug 28, 2015] CS:GO Jailbreak Public Test!

Discussion in Events started by Tony The Tiger, Aug 22, 2015

You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
CS:GO Jailbreak Public Test!
CSGO Jailbreak
jb.plaguefest.com
Confirmed Attendees: 6
Start Date: Aug 28, 2015 07:00 PM
End Date: Aug 28, 2015 09:00 PM
Time zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 6
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. Feb 27, 2012

For a while now, we have been setting up a Jailbreak server for Counter Strike: Global Offensive. This is definitely a new direction for us since we've been primarily a Zombie Mod related community. It is still a Work In Progress, so expect some bugs during testing. We will do our best to fix any bugs as they become known.

I would like to see what time most of you are available to do a live test of the server. I'm hoping for this coming Friday or Sunday night (so August 28th or 30th) , but if a different day is better for you guys, we can work with that too.

Also if any of you have played it before and are familiar with being warden, it would be awesome if you could lead us. I suck at being warden, and i have to be looking for bugs and whatnot so i can't spend my entire time as the warden!

What is Jailbreak?
    If you're not familiar with jailbreak, it's pretty simple. It involves a bit of Role Playing, and can be very fun if you play it right. Basically, it's Guards (CT's) vs Prisoners (T's). On a regular round, only the Warden can tell the Prisoners what to do. So when the day starts and a Warden is chosen, he can start off by telling the Prisoners to take one step out of their jail cell and afk freeze. Prisoners must obey this, and if they don't, they can be shot as it would be considered rebelling. Only the Warden can tell Prisoners what to do, as guards are just there for support and making sure all Prisoners are obeying.

Most maps have secrets with vents or hidden weapons. Obviously if you were a CT and knew the map, you would want to camp these spots and whatnot. This is also not okay. Guards are not to go anywhere unless they have been given permission and they have good reason to go where they request. So say there is a secret vent that leads to the armoury, you would have to hear the vent breaking or something to warrant going to investigate.

Now, obviously if you're a Prisoner you can rebel. You could immediately kill a guard right away and take their gun, you could go through secrets and get hidden weapons, or you could be slick and get a guard when he's not paying attention. It has many possibilities.

When there are 2 terrorists left, they can do a Last Request. Basically it's a minigame that you and a guard play to try and kill each other off. So you could play gun toss, you could race, or even play Rock Paper Scissors.

It's possible i suck at explaining shit, so here's a guide to all sorts of stuff about jailbreak. It's specific for Gmod, but most if not all of the guide should still make sense for CS:GO.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=172256510

Jailbreak Commands
    Rules and Wiki Pages
    We don't have an actual rules and wiki page yet, so here's what we've established so far. Some of the procedures and rules may change.

The guide to Jailbreak i listed above will have more games and days than i have listed, but i'm not finished with this by any means.

The server ip is jb.plaguefest.com and it is currently passworded, and we will remove the password whenever the day is we have the event.

If you don't own CS:GO, it is currently on sale for half off because of the ESL One Cologne event. So get it while it's cheap!
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/730/

If you have any questions or i maybe forgot to explain something, or even suggestions for features or plugins, speak up! Thanks everyone, hope to see you then.
    • Like Like x 7
      Tony The Tiger, Aug 22, 2015 Last edited by Tony The Tiger, Aug 24, 2015
    • Oct 18, 2012
      • Like Like x 1
      • Sep 14, 2008
      • Oct 24, 2013

HARK! Hail the new dawn!

• Agree Agree x 1
        • Funny Funny x 1
          Grape, Aug 22, 2015 Last edited by Grape, Aug 22, 2015
        • Feb 24, 2011
          As a warden, can you force a prisoner to make sheep-like sounds?
          • Funny Funny x 2
          • Aug 7, 2012
            Sounds interesting, I haven't played that game mode before but I'd be down to check it out.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Dec 27, 2012
              Definitely down for it if the time is right.
            • Oct 25, 2013
              I've played the mode before and liked it so I can join too. Times fit are the same as the CSGO ZE. But I don't know if I'll stick around for long though, my english isn't perfect and last time I tried english jail break server it was rather difficult to follow directions from CTs.
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Jun 18, 2012
                For the love of the warden/admin/player abuse section add ''facing away from the CT's.'' To many people can't handle staring down the wrong end of a glock!

Cool thing PF is getting a new server, I have played quite a lot of jailbreak in a distant past and as long as it's monitored decently this can work out (and possibly lure in some new ZE players). Hopefully there won't be any ranks this would keep all the pointwhores and power greedy people (24/7 loophole wardens) at bay.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Feb 27, 2012
                  I was thinking of adding a Store plugin with some simple shit. Fuck hats and trails. Just like maybe tracers, and a couple skins. i would want it to be the least annoying and least obnoxious shit as possible. But that's something to think about down the road. We'll probably add the JB server to GameMe, so that will be the only ranking system.

Also, i fixed it. Thanks!
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Feb 8, 2013
                    Not sure how you associated rank with power. Rank is simply for the looks.
                  • Aug 20, 2011
                    This would be a great start, Jailbreak is always fun, while following the rules and actually Role Playing.
                    I would play JB almost all the time back then.
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Jun 18, 2012
                      I'd much rather associate power with rank, ranks nothing anyway. If you've played JB you know just as well as me there'd be plenty of people sitting in CT all day, hunting down that warden status so they can throw around some shady commands, or solely play ''Simon Says'' to farm kills. While rank is for personal fun, the game itself wouldn't benefit from it, especially this mod in particulair, at least not any ''classic'' ranking system. That's all I'm going to say about ranks, since its implementation is still unclear and therefor any further discussion about it (in this particulair thread) trivial.

Also I like the store thing, it could keep people engaged. I'm going to keep an eye on this.
                    • Feb 8, 2013
                    • Jul 14, 2010
                      I didn't check but make sure there is a rule that disallows CT baiting. Example, cts cannot run up to prisoners and expect them not to rebel. Warn. .. CT ban for that.

I have experience leading and might be able to hop on those days but that's my first weekend at college so I might be too busy or drankin. Les do et!

Edit: rank can be made so cts get less points for kills like zombies on zm, or a separate ranking for prisoners and guards. Most people in my experience don't care about rank on jb anyways.
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Feb 27, 2012
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Mar 12, 2015
                          That sounds like fun, I'm down to try it out
                        • Jul 14, 2010

Maybe add in the type of day "Opinionated day" where the lead asks if people want to participate, and can also say it requires a mic. Those who participate go to an area and maybe do an american idol day, or a joke day, etc.. etc.. lots of variety for that type. Those who do not participate can do like last reaction jump, or crouch, etc.. or something else the warden wants.

I still stand by removing kicking and just sticking with ct bans for those types of rules. Warn->ct ban 10 minutes -> ct ban 60-1440 -> etc..

Maybe add a feature where if someone starts mass free killing, auto ct ban them? This will be common, I promise. Lots of trolls.

Also possibly add a rule where if someone is lead hogging every round and others want a turn, make them give others a chance, like no more than 3-5 rounds in a row of leading if someone is also trying to lead.

Also I remember seeing something about if there's a last CT, they can kill all t's regardless of orders or rebellion except 1. I think they should be able to just kill them all instead of leaving 1 t, but I wonder what your reasoning is for that.

EDIT: I just remembered slay is actually a feasible command for admins on JB.

Rules could be warn->slay->ctban. This is popular method on other servers I believe.
                          PeNguiN, Aug 23, 2015 Last edited by PeNguiN, Aug 23, 2015
                        • Mar 31, 2010
                          I find the rules to be way too harsh... I'm all for "temporary mute/gag" and "CT ban" after warnings, but kicking and banning for little things... I think you're going to lose people just as fast as you'll get them.
                          • Agree Agree x 1
                          • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                          • Feb 27, 2012
                            Are you thinking of just CT Bans and removing kicks as Penguin Suggested?