Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Austria mute automatic

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by @all, May 31, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 31, 2011
    I think that's really dumb and makes you guys seem anti-foreign but ok.

Can you please un-mute Austria? What is the problem Austria to be a required mute? Please don't lock a thread for no reason cuz to have me reply I need to make a new one :/

2. Jun 4, 2006
    Or you could use the PM system... I'm going to bed, someone else can deal with you.
  3. Feb 1, 2010
    Post your steam id so they can unmute you.
  4. May 31, 2011
    Why should I have to use PM system, I think this is a serious issue that should be dealt with in the public if possible. My fellow countrymen are getting automatically muted just because they choose to live in Österreich. That's the same thing as al-Qaeda hating you just because you're an American. Most Austrians are very quiet people in game, and respect your decision to not allow us to talk unless we can speak English. We are okay with that; we are just not okay with being automatically muted based on country. Most young Austrians can speak English fine; we are forced to take advanced courses of it in kindergarten to High School.

Have a good sleep.
  5. Feb 1, 2010
    Now you are started trolling and that may get you ban. If you want to be unmuted just post you steam id or gtfo.
  6. May 31, 2011
    How am I trolling? I want the entire Austria unmuted unless they have done something wrong. Stop automatic mutes. If you are talking about "al-Qaeda", I was just using that as a comparison to show how bad racism against a country can be. Racism devastates communities and countries. I don't know my steamid anyways, can't you just unmute Austria?
  7. Feb 1, 2010
    Someone ban this troll.
  8. Jun 4, 2006
    You're taking this all wrong, first off, I also hate you and I've blocked the name @all from our servers, so if that's yours best change it.

We have auto-mute installed because we run non-steam servers, this means we get a lot of non-english speaking players joining our servers and spamming the mics. This creates unnecessary work for admins. We run English SPEAKING servers after all, but we allow any language in chat. Like I said, if a player is from a country that is muted he or she can request to have his/her country added to the whitelist. This is simply a precautionary step to clean up voice chat in game and it's proven to work very well.

I understand your point of view and where you're coming from, but you must understand ours from the perspective of a server administrator. We'll look into adding Austria to the whitelist.

Good night. (Please shut up with all your bullshit about racism/hate/anti-foreign, if I see any more of it I will ban you, it's fucking annoying).
  9. Feb 1, 2011
  10. Oct 10, 2010
    es ist nunmal einfacher ein ganzes land zu muten, als jeden micspammer einzeln ...
    was regst du dich so auf?

its easier mute whole countrys than every micspammer by hand

ich würd dich auch bannen weil du so rumtrollst.
  11. Apr 9, 2007
    Heh. With this guys attitude it appears it would be better to silently handle (Drop) their connection instead of muting them. While this solution isn't ideal at all, and I think it would be stupid, it would work around the issue without people even knowing what's going on. Instead, we were clear with our intentions, and offered viable work arounds.

His SteamID: STEAM_0:0:37936662
    64bit SteamID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198036139052
  12. May 31, 2011
    What "attitude"? I was just mad and offended with what seemed like racism to me (at the time... I am sure you would be too - I am a proud Austrian citizen). I highly disagree with your choice of managing your servers, but thank you for investigating if Austria can be unmuted, and hope I can play soon.
  13. Oct 10, 2010
    be carefully dude...
  14. May 31, 2011
    "I WAS". I no longer think that. I said I misinterpreted the intentions of the auto-mute.
  15. Apr 9, 2007
    You're unable to implore common sense. Others have outright banned these countries. Instead, we made the conscious decision to allow anyone in the server. If you'd like, I can setup a filter for Austria pretty easily.

An example could be the following

#include <sourcemod>
    public bool:OnClientConnect(clientString:rejectmsg[], maxlen)
    decl String:IP[17], Country[3];
    Nothing we've done effects your ability to join and play the game. You're an absolute fool :locked:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.