Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Auto-banned for spamming timeleft

Discussion in Help Desk started by jookbob, May 16, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 19, 2012
    Someone in the server asked how much time left and I spammed it FOUR (4) times and got automatically banned. I am assuming its forever because there was no time or anything. Also doesn't show up in the bans list.. So.. it would be freakin awesome of someone unbanned me!

EDIT: Happened yesterday.
  2. Nov 16, 2011
    You still spammed it, which you shouldn't have done.
  3. May 14, 2011

(Omg jook is gunna disagree to this! O.o)

EDIT: Jook agreed so the mods should do what the post says. Thanks

Capture
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 21, 2007
    • Mar 19, 2012
      I was just doing it as a joke... I promise i was not trying to get banned for spamming timeleft FOUR times. Thought I would just run in to a spam limit instead of an immediate ban. (just like how u can only spam !scream twice then u have to wait for a bit.)
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Mar 19, 2012
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jul 14, 2008
          Dude, it's been 20 minutes... Give it sometime and you might have a chance to be unbanned. Bumping the thread only makes us less willing to help at all.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 21, 2007
            Posting your steam ID and IP address would be a good idea
          • Apr 9, 2007
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Funny Funny x 2
            • Stormblizzard
              This message by Stormblizzard has been removed from public view. Deleted by Angel/Latino King, May 16, 2012, Reason: Useless.
              May 16, 2012
            • Mar 19, 2012

STEAM_0:1:19410317
            • Feb 14, 2012
              The server does not ban you at random. You used the same command multiple times in rapid succession that is spam. Working as intended this system is.
            • Apr 9, 2007
              As a joke he was spamming... I think I'll kick Jookbob randomly as a joke!
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Mar 19, 2012
                So your telling me anyone who uses the same command more than once should be permabanned without warning, or anything. If this is the case I would love to recieve a list of all the ways that I can get permabanned for simple stupid fun so that I can avoid them in the future.

What is wrong with your admining? How you are still an admin amazes me with the amount of abuse threads and half of our players calling you an abuser more than once time. You take every oportunity to ban/kick/mute/whatever me and others that you dislike.
                You are quite possibly the most hated admin by the public.

Well I would love to get back to killing some zombies..
              • Nov 16, 2011
                Once or twice is one thing, four times is def spamming. You shouldn't have done that, and keep your unnessicary attacking out of this forum.
              • Mar 19, 2012
                come on 4 times isnt that bad. It is not like I am always doing it. I wasn't interupting anyone conversation. Obviously now I am not going to go spam anything in chat or console.. Why am I even still banned... this really isn't even a big deal. Even the rules say that spam can cause up to 1 day ban.. which would have already expired.
              • That Guy
                This message by That Guy has been removed from public view. Deleted by Angel/Latino King, May 16, 2012, Reason: not relevant.
                May 16, 2012
              • Jul 14, 2008
                I fail to see how spamming timeleft can be fun, other than to be annoying to everyone else in the server. Timeleft spamming was used to crash the server in the past so we had to take drastic measures against it. We assume that if you are willing to spam the command you have malicious intentions.

EDIT: Everyone please refrain from posting unless you are part of the solution, let's not start a flame war.
              • Canadian Moose
                This message by Canadian Moose has been removed from public view. Deleted by Angel/Latino King, May 16, 2012, Reason: not helping.
                May 16, 2012
              • Mar 19, 2012
                I was just messin around with some guy who asked for the time!!! I did not have malicious intentions.. Why not just limit !timeleft like you did with !scream or like with radio.
              • Taters
                This message by Taters has been removed from public view. Deleted by Angel/Latino King, May 16, 2012, Reason: Nope.
                May 16, 2012
              • jookbob
                This message by jookbob has been removed from public view. Deleted by Angel/Latino King, May 16, 2012, Reason: Stop going off topic....
                May 16, 2012
              • Feb 21, 2007
                Ugh, I'm adding to everyone's warning rating who posted in this thread and Angel had to delete....dont fucking post if you have nothing to contribute.

Jookbob, have some fucking patience. You are asking to be unbanned, this is no time to be pushy.

I will unban you here shortly.

Locked.
              • May 27, 2008
                This was posted in the Help Desk, not Admin Abuse subforum.
              Thread Status:
              Not open for further replies.