Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

auto RTV

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by krycus21, Apr 14, 2011

1. Mar 30, 2011
    could we have it to auto pick the RTV, so people cant spam 1, and have it add one map that almost never gets played, that way there is a chance of people trying the other maps,
    so people can still nominate, still get a say, just randomize the maps people want.

just woke up so mite not make sence
  2. Mar 17, 2011
    I think I have an idea of what you mean.

You want the voting process to be taken out and have the server choose a map randomly. People will still be able to nominate but at the end it all comes down to chance.

Is that what you were trying to say?
  3. Mar 30, 2011
    yep, and the server auto adds one map that never gets played that way people can still get to see the other maps on the server
  4. Mar 17, 2011

It's a good idea, but I wouldn't agree with it. Players need to be given the chance to vote.
  5. Dec 7, 2010
    If you are talking about zombie mod map selections, they are currently mostly random. People can still make use of NOMINATE to choose maps they want to play, but the way the system works the last 8 maps played cannot be selected or presented as a map vote option. This means that about 4 hours of maps are played before any repeats appear. If you do see a map repeating, its likely that people are voting for them or nominating them.
  6. Nov 14, 2010
    Let's work on making the 1 option "No Vote" or "Don't Care" and every time someone presses one, it will just close the vote menu for that person, and allow the others to take advantage of our voting system.
  7. May 5, 2011
    bellas idea is nice. like the first options are

1. Don't Vote
    2. Suicide (jk)
    3. Vote

then pressing 2 brings you to another option.

1. Map 1
    2. Map 2
    3. Map 3
  8. Oct 8, 2009
    i like the "no vote" as first choice.

but some people can be jerks and start to spam 2. -.-
  9. Jun 4, 2006
    We've mentioned this idea multiple times and I'm sure if Kyle knew how to make it happen he would have done so already (or perhaps no one has directly asked him about it so he hasn't taken the initiative, who knows). Also as Nena said, 2 could very well become the new 1, but it still might drastically reduce the amount of spam votes. I guess I should "officially" ask Kyle his take on this.
  10. Mar 25, 2011
    Maybe, if onespam is REALLY a problem, have a whole new way of voting. I'm sure you could find something for this (you would need a chat command thing and somehow make the voting table show yet number keys don't affect it).

Have map and numbers show up normally, but the way to vote on them is to type "!vote <mapname>" or "!vote <mapnumber>".

You would actually have to review the choices, because you either are not voting or you have to do some typing anyway.

Only problem with this is that it can interfere with gameplay (you would have to stop running on ze to type it, stop defending on zm, not a real problem on mg though). Just a thought.
  11. Feb 12, 2011
    Maybe it's possible to make a screen pop up where you can vote. (like the !motd)
  12. Jun 4, 2006
    Pretty sure no one would vote at this point but I get your idea. It would have to be rather non-instrusive so players actually vote, but not too easy to where they can just spam any map as they currently do. It would be a rather difficult balancing act I think.