Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Autonoobs on zmod

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by tallahassee, Aug 22, 2011

1. Jul 13, 2011
    can we get these unrestricted? Some1 in the zmod 1 server asked why there were restricted and reaper replyed " dunno why they're still restricted, they were restricted before we made ledge spots illegal". So why can't we have autonoobs back?
  2. Mar 13, 2010
  3. Aug 13, 2010
  4. Jul 13, 2011
  5. Dec 7, 2010
    Auto-Snipers + Unlimited ammo = instant win in most spots. They are too overpowered for unlimited ammo games. Most legal spots now would have to be made illegal if it was introduced.
  6. Jul 13, 2011
  7. Apr 2, 2011
    Whoa hold on there cowboy. I LOVE the CT's auto sniper. I truly do, IT IS MY WEAPON IN ZOMBIE ESCAPE. But hey, if I can't get a special Jon only on it, and hey, I am Jon, so that means I am special :no: heh. No seriously I see that they are OP... if power could be reduced/knockback reduced, then I would be for it, but otherwise they should remain restricted... except for me because, hey I am Jon. B)

:starwars:
  8. Jul 13, 2011
  9. Aug 13, 2010
    The Lamppost on zm_moonlight_v2 (I'm not sure, I haven't played for a long time).

Easy kills in the box room in that one map.
  10. Dec 7, 2010
    Every available ledge spot or single lane corridor will have to be defined as illegal. For example the wall surrounding battleforce would have to be declared illegal as it will make it impossible for zombies to even get close. Even if they initiated a zombie train, they wouldn't be even get close to tagging that human with an unlimited ammo auto-sniper.

Why?
    A: The physics of the weapons wouldn't allow it.
    Example: When you continuously fire a P90 due to the kickback of the weapon the aim naturally wanders a bit making it impossible to get a direct head shot every time.
    Additionally the P90 does not have enough power to shoot through the zombie to make any impact to the one behind him, thus allowing forward movement.

With the auto-sniper at close to medium range, you can achieve 90%+ head shots while the best you can do with a P90 is 20% to 40% (even less accuracy with an AK or M14).
    Additionally the auto-sniper can knock back not only the first zombie but can go through to the second and in some cases to the third pushing them all back. With the P90 it is almost impossible to push a zombie train back when they are coming towards you.

This is why zombie train works and an auto-sniper will completely nullify that ability.
  11. Apr 2, 2011
    That is why you only allow Jon (me) to have an auto sniper :thumbsup:

No but seriously... there is nothing that could be done?
  12. Jan 5, 2007
    Not quite exactly what I said, but close. I don't really mind either way if they are restricted or not, since most people would still fail even if they camped 'ledge' spots with them. Keeping them restricted just means less hassle with trying to balance them or declare even more spots illegal.
  13. Jul 13, 2011
    but the awp fires so slowly, even if i'm quick switching and quick scoping
  14. Jan 5, 2007
    AWP could already be considered overpowered on certain spots as it is, so be happy with what you do have.
  15. Jul 13, 2011
    I'd trade awp for auto sniper in a heartbeat.
  16. Dec 7, 2010
    I used to play on another unlimited ammo zombie mod server and for some unknown reason they decided not to restrict its use. It was good for me as a human as I won 95% of the encounters with zombies. Even when the encounters were 30 zombies vs 1 human. If you ever played an unlimited ammo auto-sniper you will know why its so overpowered, lame and unfair for zombies. If you never played unlimited ammo auto-snipers then you really don't know what you're talking about.
  17. Oct 22, 2007
    I thought the weapons dmg could be changed thus putting it to 75% of what it does would make it OP, but not impossible to kill them... Just a thought
  18. Jul 13, 2011
    as far as i know it can be changed (50% should be good)

@ harvey I have played zmod servers with auto snipers, but the knockback on them wasn't that great since everyone used huge tank zombie skins. haven't tried auto sniper vs blood sucker tho.