Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Avoid FPSbanana

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Milkman, Jul 13, 2010

1. Jun 29, 2008
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1360060

I dno how legit this is, but better safe than sorry. :grin:

Noscript ftw
  2. Posts
    noscript + sandboxie
  3. Jun 4, 2006
    Yeah it's legit. Everyone is looking for FPSB alternatives since that site is a shit hole now. I'm working on one with some people for TF2. If people don't have use at least noscript, I have no sympathy for them getting hit by 0day shit.
  4. Mar 16, 2008
    Ugh, I get to check my history when I eventually get home tonight to make sure I didn't visit fpsb lately..
  5. Mar 16, 2008
    Neither of the files exist in my temp and ie isn't running, phew!
  6. Feb 21, 2007
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    NOD's good but the new Avast5 is better. Beats nod in the av comparatives. Way better heuristics with v5 too and the shit uses 1/3rd the sys resources, even has a built in sandbox (internet security, not free AV) if you don't want to deal with sandboxie. I used to be a nod32 fan boy but I've switched esp since I can run more protection at lower sys resources and less services. + this shit is valid til 2024, no having to deal with nod enable or nod login or visiting one of the many eset username/password blogs to update the virus definitions every 2 months. huzzah.
  8. Jun 29, 2008
  9. Jan 10, 2009
    Meh, worlds going to end in 2012 anyways... no point
  10. Jul 14, 2010
    ive been using the site a lot but i got google chrome which im sure auto blocks it since i didnt get the virus
  11. Jun 29, 2008
    The site is clean now supposedly. But unless google chrome recently got it's own version of noscript I think you should double check
  12. Jan 5, 2007
    I don't use FPSBanana anyways, so I'm not really concerned about it. :tard:

Besides, for some stupid reason, when I used my old guns skins most servers would detect it as cheats and not let me connect. Was pretty lame.
  13. Mar 2, 2010
    Glad I have Kaspersky. It stops it from even installing! Take that, NOD32!
  14. Jun 4, 2006
    Also Kasper is really good despite having more FP's than other AVs. I was just telling Haplo earlier about how kasper detected some 0day exploit I had in a custom encrypted (not base64 or any other standard, custom fucking obfuscated) iframe inside a notepad doc and kasper erased it. The code wasn't even being processed in a browser it was just encrypted text in notepad and it still knew it was a 0day exploit, needless to say, i jizzed a little. Only problem is kasper runs like pure ass on my system for some reason and even worse on others from reports I've read, 10 min boot times? Seriously? Kasper needs to up the performance and/or compatibility of their product. There's no reason my pc shouldn't be able to tame kasper and make it its bitch. Also I don't have a working license and I'm too lazy to fiddle with that shit.
  15. May 3, 2010
  16. Jan 10, 2009
    /snob

on the lappy 1.0 i had/have kasper i checked it out on it and it stopped it.
  17. Jun 29, 2008
    Until google chrome has noscript, then FF >

So what's the verdict? The best antivirus issssss....?!
  18. Posts
    MSE is the best as of this time being posted

Anti virii software are dead IPS are the only way to go now, all the 0day stuff anti virii can not detect. If you do not have IPS software but have anti virii I feel sorry for you.

IPS software

http://www.sandboxie.com/

http://www.gentlesecurity.com/desktop.html