Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

AWP Headshots

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Tony Montana, Jan 15, 2012

1. Jul 4, 2011
    Seeing as the knockback from the AWP was recently removed due to abuse, would it be possible to ignite zombies when headshotted with the AWP? I sometimes play on a server which uses this mechanic and it seems to work well. Thoughts?
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    Sounds interesting. Exploding AWP bullets!
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    I do miss the AWP hs'ing... I think it's kind of dumb that it was removed but of course there's damn trolls that like to abuse things. I do support Tony's unique idea, because I like using an AWP, I feel that it has been nerfed quite badly.
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    Ray said he would put it back on some other time maybe. It is a temporary precaution. Just hope for it and be extra nice to ray. :razz:
  5. Dec 6, 2011
    Oh wow I didn't know this =D! I guess it's suck up to Ray time. I probably should make a thread praising him? :banana:
  6. Dec 7, 2010
    Yes, it is sad that it was removed for just 1 or 2 trollers. This is why we can't have nice things. :razz:
  7. May 27, 2008

It's true and that's how it works for a lot of things that we have going for us here. It only takes two to fuck things up for everyone.
  8. Dec 6, 2011
    I was obviously kidding, we all know what would happen if I did. Everything would get waaaay out of hand. :razz:
  9. Mar 12, 2008
    Sounds very exploitable. Are there restrictions on awps?

I'd say make it only 1 or 2 awps max if this is implemented, for fairness.
  10. Dec 6, 2011
    AWP hs'ing was perfectly fine with the huge KB for a while. A ton of AWP'ers is just a ton of smart people (for certain maps). The only reason it was taken off is because people would troll with it. Example: on Helms Deep somebody would camp up behind that straight long path and shoot zombies all the way forward to the gate, and ruin the round for all of the CT.
  11. Aug 18, 2006
    The fire AWP idea sounds interesting, however, it's easier said than done.
  12. Mar 12, 2008
    Better idea. How about they catch fire, and not get slowed?

Winning
  13. Nov 28, 2011
    I don't see what's wrong with AWP headshots, It's not like anyone relies on them specifically for playing. Most people will auto-buy p90 or m249, an awps are only used on a few maps. I think we should re-implement AWP headshots and just deal with the hardships
  14. Oct 29, 2010
    Of all the people that could have made this post...
  15. Dec 6, 2011
    haha he lost his admin already? Somehow, some way, I saw this coming. Hope your not just trolling Joey ...
  16. Oct 29, 2010
  17. Apr 2, 2011
    I might be a tad stupid here so bear with me... is it possible to reduce the AWP knockback by half or something??
  18. Dec 20, 2011
    While it is easy for awpers to troll and ruin helm's deep, it's also really easy for awpers to save an otherwise doomed CT attempt on helm's deep, by hs'ing zombies off of the ramp to the gate. Works pretty well considering it's generally pretty tough to defend the gate from inside it, but defending the gate from the ladder wall becomes easier with the awp.

But then unfortunately you have things like minas where people shoot zombies from the beams by the elevator up to the rubble area D:
  19. Dec 6, 2011
    This is not needed. Considering the amount of admins we have right now, we would be able to enforce the rules on any AWP trollers for when and if we bring back the original KB, which I truly miss.
  20. Nov 29, 2010
    Well since other players before whined of the knockback, why don't we have the awp as a more viable weapon? Like tony suggested have the zombies set on fire/slowed when they got shot in the head?

As a compensation so that the awp won't be rendered totally useless