Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

AWP restriction on Predator

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Enemy Below, May 21, 2013

1. Mar 1, 2012
    So, I'm here to beat the bush again and ask for an AWP restriction on predator. Right now wer'e playing and players are encouraging other players to buy awps, and almost 1/4 of the server now has an AWP. Since it isn't restricted, I can't do shit about that. (Even though it IS trolling.)

As you all know, the boss health is scaled to players, and 1 bullet = 1 health. We've already restricted it on mako, lets continue it over to predator.
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Feb 24, 2011
      The alien is also "hit-based" and not "hp-based" which instantly makes AWP's a major factor for the outcome at the end.
      • Agree x 2
      • Winner x 2
      • Informative x 2
      • Like x 1
      • Good Idea x 1
      • Apr 20, 2011
        No why you want to do that why not players enjoy the game its not about winning all the time i love to use awp even in boss maps it just bad idea
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Useful Useful x 1
        • Aug 2, 2010
          Hell if the creator of the map says it needs to be done, who am I to argue?

I agree with this motion.
          • Agree Agree x 6
          • Like Like x 1
          • May 27, 2008
            I'd like to see it happen as well. They've always caused trouble, and I would really like to see it limited to one or two, or completely removed. If players are encouraging others to use it and giving grief, just patch the problem.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Feb 21, 2007
              I am gonna take this one step further, and restrict most weapons. All i use is a knife and when I play, we usually win.
              • Funny x 10
              • Wizard! x 2
              • Agree x 1
              • Zing! x 1
              • Good Idea x 1
              • Feb 11, 2012
                Well, personally i rarely use an AWP, but there are many others that like to use the AWP, just how i like using the TMP all the time..My point is people like using AWPs in general not for the purpose of trolling, but for shooting the zombies back...however there are some out there that buy it just to troll...Imo i dont mind people having AWPS because it helps with the defending aspect of ZE, but as said its deemed useless during boss fights. I notice though while defending one shot to the head with and AWP can launch a zombie back quite a fair bit, which helps for defending.
                I kinda like the idea Peter mentioned, possibly limiting the AWP to 1 or 2 (possibly 3?) , would still allow very few to still use it + it will lower any possible trolling/griefing to a minimum.
              • Mar 1, 2012
                Lets keep the focus on this in Predator. Any other map can have its on thread.

AWPs are bad for predator. The alien fight and the boss fight for predator are 1HP/Bullet and AWPs shoot like shit.

On the final fight, they might as well be useless, as they'll only knock back one zombie.

We don't allow them on mako. Why should we allow them on predator?
              • May 31, 2012

The immediate support of Luffaren is really persuasive because even the map creator believes that awps goes against his map's objectives; who can better say then the person who made the map?

On the other hand, I agree that awps does make a good knockback weapon and there are a lot of holds where it is useful although it is not very helpful against the boss in particular. Another reason I am compelled to disagree is because I use a shotgun for a fun and I believe that my shotgun is probably one of the worst weapons with almost no knock back and its slow at reloading -- my weapon is probably sitting right next awps for awful against boss and it's even awful against the zombies. I just really enjoy using it because it surprises people, it has "good accuracy" to help my stats, and it is really enjoyable to run up to a zombie load 8 shotgun shells into their face and run back really quickly and risk/skillfully. As a strategy, when players die during the boss battle I will temporarily pick up their weapon to help further my team before picking up the shotgun again.

Overall I actually disagree with the restriction of the awps on Mako and I believe players should be able to use whichever weapon they find most enjoyable just like I do. If the players are shooting zombies during the battle then they will suffer the appropriate consequences (warn -> kick -> temp. ban for griefing) but otherwise, as long as they are contributing to battle the boss with the team, I still support their choice even with a slower and weaker weapon.

Leaning more on disagree with this idea but at the same time I am not against it and can understand why players would support it.
                • Like Like x 3
                • Mar 1, 2012
                  You don't know how to use a shotgun.
                • May 31, 2012
                    Joshy, May 21, 2013 Last edited by Joshy, May 21, 2013
                  • Jul 20, 2010
                    HA! Shotgun is actually more useful than an awp on boss fights since it round fired is 8 hits if you can aim correctly with the shotgun. With maps having bosses that require rounds hitting them and a high number of rounds at that using an awp hampers the rest of the team since they have to some how make up for the lost dps. @Joshy your using the auto shotgun which is horrible and you die a lot like a lot when you try to defend.
                  • May 31, 2012
                    Only 8 hits compared to a P90 or heavy machine gun.

I'm going off topic :razz: but I'm just saying that removal of awps is an enabler to remove the next weapon. Players should be able to use the weapon they want.

It's a risky weapon so it is very fun although my consequence usually lead to high death count as Bad has kindly mentioned :shock:
                  • Jul 20, 2010
                    Well then tell the map makers to stop making maps with bosses then? If you have 20% of the team running around with awps on Mako it makes the boss that much harder since the other 80% has to magically make up for the loss of firepower. Why you can't use awps on Mako.
                  • May 31, 2012
                    They can say the same for people not holding throughout the round? Their little guns while they door hug have weak knock back compared to the awps so their contribution is just making it to the boss. I mean the overall team is a strategy.
                  • Jul 20, 2010
                  • May 31, 2012
                    Free post count to clarify boo yeah! I am saying that the players using the awps can claim that it is strategic to have a awps in order to hold. The weapon has a knock back way higher compared to the other weapons and most of the players with machine guns etc. are door hugging so someone has to hold. If the players aren't holding well enough throughout the round the team wont even have to worry about making it to the boss.
                  • Jul 20, 2010
                    Uh huh because that actually happens right? lol Because only awps are holding back zombies right? Awps can be defending but autosnipers are far better when it comes to engaging from long to mid range more rounds can be fired. Keep in mind we are talking about boss fights not your run of the mill holding.
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Feb 3, 2012
                    • Mar 1, 2012
                      And I can counter that the pump shotty headshot is just as useful as an AWP. It as awesome knockback if you know how to use it. Just like an AWP. However, unlike an AWP, a shotgun shoots 8 pellets a shot, and thats 8*8 = 64 bullets = 64 hits to the boss.